How do you replace Sirius w/ XM in the factory unit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you replace Sirius w/ XM in the factory unit?

My 2010 Lariat came with 6 mos of Sirius, but I'm an XM guy. Is it possible to just have XM activate the Factory Radio, or do I need to tear in to the dash and add some parts?
James

Old 10-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by jlsworks
My 2010 Lariat came with 6 mos of Sirius, but I'm an XM guy. Is it possible to just have XM activate the Factory Radio, or do I need to tear in to the dash and add some parts?
James
Check with Sirus. They are one and the same now. So should not be a hassle to change over. You can get XM channels on the Sirus radios. Check out the Sirus sight that shows the xm channels available.

http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm

Last edited by expy03; 10-28-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: add link
Old 10-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
Check with Sirus. They are one and the same now. So should not be a hassle to change over. You can get XM channels on the Sirus radios. Check out the Sirus sight that shows the xm channels available.

http://www.sirius.com/bestofxm
Same company...just different sats in space, thus sirius units and XM units. This should be changing to an XM only platform from here on our starting this year.

You can get all your XM stations on your sirius radio and vice versa. Only downside is if you already have an XM account. However, they are NOT interchangeable.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM
XM does not equal Sirius. One cannot get all the XM stations on the Sirius side.

MLB is available only through the XM network of satellite and terrestial repeaters per the contract between MLB and XM. Sirius-XM tried to add baseball to the Sirius side but MLB said they would have to pony up a lot more $$$.

Sirius's system of terrestial repeaters is also inferior in the corner of the country where I live (based on listening to XM in my wife's car).

I look forward to a XM only platform in the future without swapping out a head unit if indeed that is going to take place.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Just got off the phone with XM. They cannot activate the Sirius unit in Ford Trucks, Rodney (from India) says they should be able to by December.
I'll hold my breath.
James

Old 11-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by jlsworks
Just got off the phone with XM. They cannot activate the Sirius unit in Ford Trucks, Rodney (from India) says they should be able to by December.
I'll hold my breath.
James
Might check into that some day, but for me with several vehicles and each with a docking sta, I did it like this.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sa...ml#post4271047

I have two Delphi SkyFi recievers currently activated, one with a lifetime sub with Nascar too.

Quick Reply: How do you replace Sirius w/ XM in the factory unit?