Satellite Radio Antenna Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio Antenna Problem

When I hook up our travel trailer, 27' and get out on the big road, can't get any reception on XM Radio, says no antenna. Any one had this problem?
After un-hooking trailer no problem.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Where's the antenna mounted? Roof I'm guessing. I can't see the trailer scrambling a signal, I use mine daily with a semi-truck and trailer and sometimes keep the ant. on the dash even, no problem. Maybe try a better antenna if nothing else. Weird problem.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
Where's the antenna mounted? Roof I'm guessing. I can't see the trailer scrambling a signal, I use mine daily with a semi-truck and trailer and sometimes keep the ant. on the dash even, no problem. Maybe try a better antenna if nothing else. Weird problem.
Yes I know, e-mailed XM they were no help at all. The antenna is mounted on the roof centered. I think I'll look for a different antenna.
Thanks for your response.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Now, I'm not up on my RV'ing but it seems there's satellite antennas etc on trailers today, maybe that or the regular tv antennas are doing it if you have these of course. Usually the wire breaks and it just won't work period, weird how it's just with trailer??? You should look into the antennas truckers mount to their mirrors, the ones that look like bells, guess they're pretty strong.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIRIUS-XM-SAT-TR...item2a0aacf8a1

Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Does it say 'No Antenna' or 'No Signal'? Two different problems....

I can see the No Signal, with your trailer blocking the view. But No Antenna, that seems impossible....

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Antenna Problem