Sirius radio not compatible with all presets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius radio not compatible with all presets?

I am new here - Hello! Found this forum because I am trying to narrow down some issues on my 2010 Ford F-150.... Am thinking of naming her Christine (drive shaft issue along with the radio whoes).

This is driving me crazy - I bought the truck with a stock radio in it (no jukebox). The radio offers ten preset buttons along with Sirius. After picking the truck out I learned that a receiver had to be installed for the Sirius part of the radio. I completed the purchase and returned to have it installed. After getting the truck back I found that I can only use buttons 1 thru 6 to save Sirius presets.

I return to the dealer and they tell me that there is nothing wrong with the radio, but rather that the ten presets are only good for AM/FM radio and the Sirius side only allows programming of six. Does this sound right?

Also, if I might ask, can anyone explain why my Sirius menu offers to "Save Song" and actually says it saved it when it doesn't? The dealership said that was an undeveloped feature and to ignore it.

Thanks so much!
Jeanne

Quick Reply: Sirius radio not compatible with all presets?