No Sat Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Sat Radio

I recently bought a 2010 F-150 XLT and found that I do not have satellite radio. I have the button on my radio to select Sirius but receive "no sat radio" message. I e-mailed Ford directly and explained this and they informed me that that I need to go through my dealership. My dealership said there is not an accessory for this. I would like to get this hooked up without installing an aftermarket radio. I am sure I am just missing the antenna (which I do not have) but not sure what I need to do the get this resolved. Any ideas?

Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd love to know how many people this has happened to.... I was in the same boat as you. I didn't have sirius either. It's not just as simple as installing an antenna. Here's a link to the aftermarket package I installed to get sirirus working. I did it myself and is pretty simple to do.

Link to Isimple tssRadio

As far as getting dealership to take care of it, I don't know. I just opted to do it myself. Seems like there should be a tag hanging down on the radio that says "this unit DOES NOT have sirius" given that there is a sirius button (non-functioning) staring you in the face......

Note: I have the basic radio w/sync which may make a difference on the kit? This does maintain factory look.

Last edited by mWags; 07-01-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Well, maybe that's why no lump on the roof?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:46 AM
sirius im pretty sure is a part of the premium stereo upgrade package from ford. yes you will have the button on your dash though. im sure you have a few unused buttons or blanks in your dash. if you pop out your dash cover you might find some unused harness plugs as well. just the manufacturers way of trying to keep some costs down by not making evey single option (or lack thereof) a different part number.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:54 AM
A blank in the dash or an unused harness is hardly a non functioning sirius button on the dash. I've not seen a non-functioning 4 wheel drive **** on the inside of the truck to cut down on costs. I think that's a better example. How about a blank where the sirius button is or not printing sirius there.

I've seen several posts in the f150 forums wondering why their sirius doesn't work.... Once you know, you know, and it's easy to check for the antenna, but, that's after the fact in a lot of cases, IMO. Hell, my salesman didn't know, he gave me the talk on 6 mos. of free sirius, showed me the channels on the card, etc.

Anyway, I didn't start this post & I've led the OP's thread astray so I'll not post anymore.

Old 07-03-2010, 01:00 PM
wags this post is a prime example of what i am talking about. the same thing happens with buttons and blanks as well. like i stated it is a way to cut down on part numbers and costs for a manufacturer to save money.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by mattw150
I recently bought a 2010 F-150 XLT and found that I do not have satellite radio. I have the button on my radio to select Sirius but receive "no sat radio" message. I e-mailed Ford directly and explained this and they informed me that that I need to go through my dealership. My dealership said there is not an accessory for this. I would like to get this hooked up without installing an aftermarket radio. I am sure I am just missing the antenna (which I do not have) but not sure what I need to do the get this resolved. Any ideas?
Your truck has a standard radio in it but apparently your truck wasn't built with the Sirius package. I am sure your dealer can retrofit it and add it for you at a cost.
My truck and my car are both 2006 models, both have identical radios in them, both radios have the button for AUX. but only my truck has the Sirius package with the receiver (a small silver box, mounted under the radio, behind the dash in my case) and the satellite antenna.
This is only my opinion but I wouldn't waste your money on Sirius radio. I don't feel it is worth it. Invest in an ipod set up and I suspect you will enjoy it alot more.

Last edited by mlamprey; 07-21-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mattw150
You radio will operate a Sirius reciever. In this picture, you see a long thin metal box like with a single wire on the right and a harness on the left?

That's the Sirius reciever mounted under my AM/FM/CD radio which has that same button you mention.

Not only do you not have the antenna on the outside right side roof, you do not have this Sirius reciever. You likely have the wire harness on the left but it isn't plugged into anything. You do not have the single wire with yellow plug, that's the Sirius antenna lead.

There are more pics in my thread dealing with my installing XM using the factory Sirius antenna. I left my Sirius in the truck, but I don't use it as I ahd life subs on XM.

Quick Reply: No Sat Radio