Sirius quit working

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius quit working

The Sirius radio receiver (NAV, AM, FM, CD, DVD, SR & Line In) recently quit on my '07 Lincoln Navigator L (similar system is used on Ford F-Series and Expeditions). Called Sirius and requested an activation signal. My subscription was verified and current. They checked my ESN and ran me through some checks. No luck. Said "take it to the dealer." Dealer said I'd need a new Satallite module for ~ $600. I did some online searching and found a suggestion to try a hard reset by disconnecting the battery, waiting a while and reconnecting. That did it and I saved $600!

Old 03-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, man that woulda been insane, esp when you can simply buy a satellite radio itself from bestbuy for like anywhere $60-150 bucks, thats retarded. I have quit on Sirius anyway.. was with them for 3 years. Started as it being 11 bucks a month along with radio access for free on the internet. Then they decided to bump it up to almost $15 a month, ( for some stupid fee, they just want more money) and take away everyones free internet radio access and if you wanted it, it is now an additional $2.99, HAHA I said to Sirius.

What I once had no problem payin $11 a month for, would now cost me almost $20 DOLLARS a month.......... for radio........ just dumb. I hope they go out of business.

Last edited by tman07f150; 03-06-2010 at 12:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Sirius quit working