Sirius and iphone anyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius and iphone anyone

anyone with a iphone and sirius ....is it any good ?

Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm guessing you mean an ap that lets you listen to Sirius on the iPhone

Cause I've got an iphone and Sirius radio and I love em both, but one has nothing to do with the other in my set up

Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hood together in the same unit ?

I have the Parrot bluetooth phone interface with my Factory Sirius receiver, and they work together no problem. Listening to any of the inputs, when the phone rings, the radio shuts off and the phone call is via the radio speakers.

If you are wanting to use the Sirius factory receiver and the iPhone for music, Brand motion has a ( pricey ) solution for adding the iPhone / iPod interface to the CAN bus, and would allow them both to be used for playing music.

Don't know if you can couple the iPod adapter with the Sirius factory receiver and the Parrot bluetooth receiver ( don't have that config myself ). Don't see why not.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
no what im talkin about is the app on the iphone for sirius , it cost under 3 bucks a month and from what im told can be use anywhere since it works of the internet

i have no issue with connecting any medea to the truck

just want to know how great is the iphone with sirius?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Do you use Pandora on the iPhone? Same thing as Sirius, only free. The biggest ding against the Sirius iPhone app is that it is even more restricted than the desktop app. Neither the PC stream nor the iPhone stream will give you NFL games (besides the ESPN's NFL radio), or any other sports. In addition, the iPhone app has even removed more, including Howard Stern. Basically it's left you with the music channels. Great if that was your only choice, but you can get the same music through Pandora for free. Dumb choice on Sirius' part.

Old 11-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Pandora > Sirius when it comes to the iphone. Why pay for something when you can get the same thing for free?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I just downloaded the Sirius Canada app last night. The sound quality isn't spectacular with headphones. I imagine it'll be pretty bad amplified through the truck speakers. I'd bet they're using a 64kps (or lower) stream where a satellite receiver should be 128kps (or higher).

It'll work in a pinch, but not replace a standalone receiver.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
well to report back on this i tryed the 7day free period and the own channel i found not listed was the nascar channel but howard was on it and everthing else

i have the 3gs iphone, sound is better than my stiletto using the 3.5m jack and blue tooth steaming

the ownly thing i have not try is when your in a weak cell phone area

Old 12-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Shame you cant Howard on it..

Old 12-04-2009, 07:25 PM
you can both channels

Old 01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by redfx4150
well to report back on this i tryed the 7day free period and the own channel i found not listed was the nascar channel but howard was on it and everthing else

i have the 3gs iphone, sound is better than my stiletto using the 3.5m jack and blue tooth steaming

the ownly thing i have not try is when your in a weak cell phone area
Which Stilleto Model do you have? I have the Stiletto 100 and I have problems with my Mp3's and recorded content skipping all the time, it is so annoying I am ready to go back to my Starmate and Ipod. Do/Did you have this same problem?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 AM
What happens if you get a call while listening to sirus going down the road? How does that work? Do you exit the app and take the call and then have to start all over? What about a text? Just thinking this through before I step out. I have read on some forums that the sound is excellent using the skydock. Anyone?

Quick Reply: Sirius and iphone anyone