Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year

My trial subscription in my 09 expired on August 28th. I received a card in the mail for a "special" price of 3 months for $12.95, but you had to agree to subscribe to regular priced quarterly billing. I decided to call and see what else they would offer. I spoke with a guy (who was nice enough) who went through the normal speel of what I could get, etc. I told him I couldn't justify full yearly rates - he then offered me the yearly rate for $77. That's a good deal.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is on the fence on re-newing.

Last edited by ibcop; 09-17-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM
I couldn't get the $77.

I whined about the cost, told him I couldn't justify the $129. He offered me month to month for $13 but I pointed out that comes out to more than the $129. He wouldn't budge and neither would I. I was extremely polite but he let me go without renewing.

I'm disappointed. I like Sirius but no way am I paying $129 for it. My trial sub doesn't end until Nov. 9. I call again in a few weeks.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by F150 Pilot
I couldn't get the $77.

I whined about the cost, told him I couldn't justify the $129. He offered me month to month for $13 but I pointed out that comes out to more than the $129. He wouldn't budge and neither would I. I was extremely polite but he let me go without renewing.

I'm disappointed. I like Sirius but no way am I paying $129 for it. My trial sub doesn't end until Nov. 9. I call again in a few weeks.
That's a bummer - I'd call back and see what someone else says.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ibcop
That's a bummer - I'd call back and see what someone else says.
Thats what I did on a radio swap fee. Took 3 different people but it was done......free.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Open
Thats what I did on a radio swap fee. Took 3 different people but it was done......free.
I just bought a new truck, 2010 f-150 that has Sirius. I never thought I would be interested with it. But today I have a different opinion. I like it. But I didn't know it was $129.00 to renew. I'm hoping that's for a year. Right now I'm on the free 6 months trial. After a short ride with the wife, she fell for it and wants to get it for herself real bad. I've heard of units that you can use in the car and take into the house, I think that's what she's wanting. Guess I should start researching. She actually sat in my new truck and listened to some stations while I was putting away groceries and washing dishes! This could be serious, I hate doing dishes. Anyway, Ideas welcome regarding portable Sat radios, appreciate any advice on this. I mean I need help to get her out of my new truck!

Last edited by wrench007; 09-20-2009 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by wrench007
I just bought a new truck, 2010 f-150 that has Sirius. I never thought I would be interested with it. But today I have a different opinion. I like it. But I didn't know it was $129.00 to renew. I'm hoping that's for a year. Right now I'm on the free 6 months trial. After a short ride with the wife, she fell for it and wants to get it for herself real bad. I've heard of units that you can use in the car and take into the house, I think that's what she's wanting. Guess I should start researching. She actually sat in my new truck and listened to some stations while I was putting away groceries and washing dishes! This could be serious, I hate doing dishes. Anyway, Ideas welcome regarding portable Sat radios, appreciate any advice on this. I mean I need help to get her out of my new truck!
As a perk (as they call it), after you re-new, they will offer you a portable radio at some low price with 3 months of free subscription.

Wait until you get close to your trial period expiring and you'll start receiving cards in the mail offering some discounts. Let the service lasp for a few days and call them and ask for the $77/year plan. Never hurts to ask!

Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
As a perk (as they call it), after you re-new, they will offer you a portable radio at some low price with 3 months of free subscription.

Wait until you get close to your trial period expiring and you'll start receiving cards in the mail offering some discounts. Let the service lasp for a few days and call them and ask for the $77/year plan. Never hurts to ask!
Thanks ibcop, I'll do that and see what happens.

Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by wrench007
I have been a customer for years and share a portable between between my Commuter Car, Truck, Garage and Living Room. Also shared it with my wife's van when we had that. When we traded in the Van for her Edge it had Sirius built in and free 6 months. She doesnt listen to Sirius too much, but didnt like the clutter of the external unit. I prefer the external unit because they have so many more features, like the guide's to see whats on other channels and the ability to pause, rewind or fast forward. Also the ability to take it with me where ever I go. I always liked the Starmate's and the Sportsters. Now I use the Stiletto 100, which it 100% portable, can run off a battery, hook it up to a Wifi Network incase you are indoors where you don't get a signal. also acts like your Home DVR where you can program it to record stuff. (For example you can program it to Record Stern every weekday at 6am) also if you hear a song you like you can record that and you can transfer your MP3's on to it, I replaced my ipod with this. The concept of this thing is awesome and I love it even though it is a POS, it freeze's up, the battery doesnt stay on and it skips when it gets too hot. They dont make this anymore, but you can buy them used or refurbed, I would stay away. The new one out is the Stiletto 2, which I hear is much better but I would do some research on it, or if you dont care about Sports or Howard Stern the Pioneer XMp3 for XM is supposed to be awesome.

Last edited by F150RYDER2K8; 09-28-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 PM
I just got the $80 deal too. Just tell em that your buddy just got the deal and you want the same discount.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Guys, (gals too)
This is nothing new. The sirius side of the XM/Sirius radio may not offer the deal. BUT the XM side has for YEARS.

I had a Pioneer Avic-N2 with XM (I pulled it out before i traded by toyota for by my 2009 Lariat f150. I got the $77 deal for the past 3 almost 4 years now.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:55 PM
I called again today, two weeks from the last call and again, they would NOT give me the $77 price that everyone else seems to be getting. I told them I know several people with Ford trucks who paid $77 and she acted like she didn't know what I was talking about. She even ended the call with "Well Sir we're very sorry to lose you as a Sirius customer, have a nice day." She seemed perfectly happy to let me go.

Now I'm 0-2.

My trial sub ends Nov 9. I'll try them again after that. If I still don't get the deal then they can kiss my hairy backside. No way am I paying more. It's a nice service but I can easily live without it.

Last edited by F150 Pilot; 10-07-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Where's The Food. Well I guess you could try after it lapses like ibcop stated. That blows.

You know, in this economy you would think people would be bending over backwards to secure business and there are alot who aren't. I got some fantastic service when I went to the 4wheel offroad parts store today for the first time. They are such jerks in there. Smug and rude and you as the customer, have no idea what you are talking about. I will never give them money for anything after today. Fail you jerks

Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Sirius customer service SUCKs..It took 3 calls to people that barely spoke english in order for them to drop the 15 dollar fee to switch to a new radio..keep in mind this is the 2nd switch I've done this year the first time was easier..But then they kept trying to sell me more radios for the house..I told them they could shove it since then I would have to get another subscription for each radio unlike cable TV where you can have as many TV's as you want.Also note that the FREE internet radio goes to a fee based radio the 1st of the year.I still will keep it..but there pushing it.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 PM

$77 a year here also

My trial subscription in my 09 expired on August 28th. I received a card in the mail for a "special" price of 3 months for $12.95, but you had to agree to subscribe to regular priced quarterly billing. I decided to call and see what else they would offer. I spoke with a guy (who was nice enough) who went through the normal speel of what I could get, etc. I told him I couldn't justify full yearly rates - he then offered me the yearly rate for $77. That's a good deal.

Just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone is on the fence on re-newing.
I let my subscription expire as well and received a similar card offering 3 months for $12.95. I asked if there were any special yearly deals available and was offered the $77 a year deal.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 AM
I am just about up for renewal so I sent them an e-mail saying I want this deal. We will see if they get back to me. I will post the results.

Quick Reply: Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year