Error "Sat Fault"

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Error "Sat Fault"

I have an 06 xlt with the factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio. It has worked perfectly until a few days ago when I started getting a "SAT FAULT" error message. When I push the aux button the display will read SIRIUS with the station number before giving the SAT FAULT error. I took the stereo out and made sure that everything is still plugged in to both the stereo and the satellite receiver just below the stereo. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how I can fix it? I'd like to be able to fix it myself as I have had the pickup for about 2.5 years now and have yet to have to pay for the satellite radio.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kwp06xlt
I have an 06 xlt with the factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio. It has worked perfectly until a few days ago when I started getting a "SAT FAULT" error message. When I push the aux button the display will read SIRIUS with the station number before giving the SAT FAULT error. I took the stereo out and made sure that everything is still plugged in to both the stereo and the satellite receiver just below the stereo. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how I can fix it? I'd like to be able to fix it myself as I have had the pickup for about 2.5 years now and have yet to have to pay for the satellite radio.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like the sat receiver is bad. I have an after market unit that is sat ready and the sat receiver I had said the same thing when it went bad.

Quick Reply: Error "Sat Fault"