factory radio - sirius kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
factory radio - sirius kit

Recently purchase an 09 F150. It has the factory radio w/ a Sirius button but no satellite capabilities.
Called a local install as well as big box and both told me i would have to go directly thru Ford.
Called local Ford dealership and after a call back was told that parts ALONE are $450. Can this be legit?
I really don't want to do a portable unit for various reasons.

Thanks!

Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by cozmk1
Called local Ford dealership and after a call back was told that parts ALONE are $450. Can this be legit?
The parts counter at my dealership told me almost $500 for parts so I'm guessing its about right. I ended up going with a stealth install of an XM unit since I had several XM receivers on subscription already. After several months, I'm very pleased with my XM install and I have the advantage of being able to remove the XM receiver and use in in a portable boom box for camping and such.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sa...xlt-screw.html

Old 08-23-2009, 11:17 AM
v tach or cozmk1..any chance they told you the part #? I've been trying to search the part #..with no luck yet. I'm wondering if the earlier modules would work..I did find some mustang articles: The Mustang had a Sirius button (sounds like the F150) where they were installing sirius modules, running the antennae and bingo.
I've got an '09 as well,..snyc, but no Sirius..

Old 10-12-2009, 09:31 AM
You mean the dealer wants 400 for the sirius tuner to plug into your factory radio?
I have a tuner /i just took out the other dya but its from a 2006 truck..also have a new still in the package antenna since I already had an antenna on the truck.If this is whet you need and it will hook up to your 09 let me know and make me an offer.
Mine was the factory 6 disc with the factory sirius unit thru the AUX buttons.I can get you a part number if this is in fact what your talking about.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:10 AM
I would be interested in the antenna and the harness number if you have them. I found a 2008 Sirius module from an Expedition on eBay for dirt cheap, and I am hoping that it will work with a 2009 non-nav radio. Only thing is, it doesn't come with an antenna or harness.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Suspended
cozmk1 get the parts off here and do it yourself hes a hell of a lot cheaper and its easy basically a plug and play the hardest thing to do is find were u want to mount the antenna

Old 10-14-2009, 06:26 AM
I'd be curious if you already have the factory sirius wiring in your truck..I bet you do.Mine is in the harness..I'd have to pull back off my faceplate and snipe it out.The harness is about a foot long if that and has the special connector ends that plug into the factory radio and sisius tuner..The power and ground wires come out of it to the vehicle harness..I'd have to cut them.But first see if you have it.
As far as mounting..I ened up using the factory BUT if I did have to mount it the easiest and in my opinion the best way is to run it thu the headliner and out the 3rd brake light on the rear of the cab.That way theres no wire showing.

Quick Reply: factory radio - sirius kit