Please help bring 66 RAW back to XM/Sirius

Old 07-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help bring 66 RAW back to XM/Sirius

Please sign this petition to bring 66 RAW back to the lineup. Even if you don't care for the style of music please take the couple minutes to help us out.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/XMRaw/

Since the merger they reworked the lineup and did some damaging changes to some really great channels. 66 RAW was a great channel. It had it's own flavor to it and didn't conform to the same format playola that all the other channels and local radio station do. They would play up-and-coming rappers that were trying to get their foot in the door. They would play underground hop-hopsters that normally would never even be heard on a radio station and would take them global.

Being that I have a few loved ones doing some serious time I really liked their Wednesday shows dedicated to those on lockdown called "Lockdown Lookout". People could call in and voice their experiences, give shout-outs, ask for advice.

Mondays were "Slap a M-F'r Monday". You could call in and talk about who you would like to slap down...lol Boss, friend, music artist. Anything that you wanted.

Fridays were "Freaky Friday" You could call in and talk about how freaky you planned on getting for the weekend. What type of party you were gonna be throwing. Sky was the limit. Was pretty entertaining listening to it.

There were a few other things they did on the show but they don't come to mind at the moment. All round it was a great show. The hosts were excellent. Mz. Kitti and Leo G. were a one of a kind duo.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
consider it done...299

Old 07-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I signed it as well. I don't listen to much rap/hip-hop but I did listen to the channel every once in a while -- some of the call-ins were hilarious.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Thanks. Let's keep them going. Hit 300 signers today. Ultimate goal is 100,000. This gives XM/Sirius a reason to listen to customers if this petition builds. Who knows if a petition has any ammo to it these days but it's worth a try. I have three tuner accounts that I feel I should have been given a chance to voice opinions on what channels should have been included, dropped or maybe even offered for payment during the merger instead of them just saying "this is what you get". I have had many conversations with customers and friends after the merger that were all like "what the hell happened" It was nice that they brought the Jamie Foxx and Blue Collar Comedy, Bruce Springsteen and a few other channels, but they dropped quite a few that I and others really enjoyed. I just think they should have posted or mailed out a survey that we all could have ticked LIKE or DISLIKE and seen what happens. Not only were there people that listened in their cars to this channel but there were alot of people that listen to XM via their Direct TV in homes.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Signed. I was bummed that they took out the Punk channel too. Sirius has way too many redundant channels, then they get rid of some of good, unique ones.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help bring 66 RAW back to XM/Sirius