Satellite Radio Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio Trouble

Ok guys. I have searched all around and cannot seem to find the answers to my problems, so I default to you all, hoping someone can help me.

I purchased a new visteon head unit for my 2004 F150, part number 8A2T-18C815-AE, with a manufacture date of July 2007. I also purchased a satelite radio take out module with antenna and harness, part number 7FMF-18C963-BA. The problem is that I cannot seem to get the radio to switch to the satellite when I hit the AUX button. It only seems to switch to LINE IN.

The harness that came with the satellite receiver is a T-type, with passthroughs for the 26 pin and the 16 pin connectors. The satellite module is the only thing in the 16 pin. The other end (female) of the 16 pin passthrough is not connected to anything.

I checked for power and ground at the receiver and all seems well. But I cannot be sure if the receiver is working properly, or if my radio is not. I don't know if there is some secret handshake that I have to do to get this thing working, but if there is anyone out there that can give me a few tips of things to try, I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Trouble