Connect SIRIUS dock and play to Sirius Compatable OEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Connect SIRIUS dock and play to Sirius Compatable OEM

Has anyone connected a Sirius dock and play receiver to their OEM Sirius enabled receiver. I read about the SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 but it does not explicitly say it will connect to ford OEM. Has anyone done it? or is my only option to put on a whole new vehicle docking kit and antenna? Thanks

Old 06-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Account cancelled
Originally Posted by Kansan
Has anyone connected a Sirius dock and play receiver to their OEM Sirius enabled receiver. I read about the SIRIUS SC-VDOC1 but it does not explicitly say it will connect to ford OEM. Has anyone done it? or is my only option to put on a whole new vehicle docking kit and antenna? Thanks
The aftermarket parts have never been designed to work with OEM parts despite that making a ton of sense. In other words it would be excellent if you could buy a simple adapter thru SIRIUS to use your existing OEM Satellite Radio Antenna, but they don't officially make one.

That being said we actually do have an aftermarket solution that should suit your needs. It's a very new solution and it will integrate SIRIUS and an iPod into newer Fords, Lincolns, and Mercury (as well as other kits for other makes)

Here is the
iSimple Media Gateway Ford SIRIUS Kit. It will connect to the back or your stereo and use the Gateway to interface with your Factory Radio and the gateway can then translate newer devices and technology to the factory radio.

Then if you substitute the SCVDOC1 for the SCC1 then you will be able to use that for the "tuner" portion so long as you have a compatible radio to put on it.

It's a lot of info but this is a pretty cool option and one of the reasons we joined this place is to get the word out on it. I might even do a contest giving one of these kits out for someone who is excited about it, in return for a review and good pics.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:57 AM
Sounds Great

This sounds like a really neat option. Deffinitly the direction i wanted to go in. I will give it some thought and deffinitly let you know and post some pics if i do it. Satellite radio is awesome but the OEM equipment leaves much to be desired after having the Sportster 5! Thanks for the help!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 PM
Account cancelled
This sounds like a really neat option. Deffinitly the direction i wanted to go in. I will give it some thought and deffinitly let you know and post some pics if i do it. Satellite radio is awesome but the OEM equipment leaves much to be desired after having the Sportster 5! Thanks for the help!
That would be great. If you do a review I will give our cost on the package.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Let me know where we need to go from here.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Account cancelled
Let me know where we need to go from here.
Great. Just sent you an email. Since you are in Indiana it will get to you fast. I'm hoping for maybe a review next week.

Quick Reply: Connect SIRIUS dock and play to Sirius Compatable OEM