Question on Sirius Aftermarket Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question on Sirius Aftermarket Radio

So I had Sirius in my stock 6 cd changer and Im looking to get an aftermarket deck. My truck has the sirius built into the truck with the antenna and tuner and everything and I dont want to to have to buy another car kit for it to get it to work. Is there some sort of pin adapter that can be changed into an audio input? any suggestions on how I can get this to work would be awesome. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:50 PM
The stock HU has the Sirius tuner built in. If you remove it, then you remove the tuner. You can use the stock antenna for the aftermarket unit.

I highly recommend installing this gizmo for your aftermarket receiver: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SCVD...t.html?tp=6953
It lets you use a dock and play radio but hide it away in the glove box and use the controls on the aftermarket deck. This allows you to have the clean install but the versatility of moving the Sirius tunes to a boombox or home kit.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by pw1981
The stock HU has the Sirius tuner built in. If you remove it, then you remove the tuner.
I always thought the satellite receiver itself was always a separate component. I have the single cd HU in my 2009 XLT and the parts manager showed me the receiver that would have been installed at the factory if the option would have come in my truck.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by pw1981
The stock HU has the Sirius tuner built in. If you remove it, then you remove the tuner. You can use the stock antenna for the aftermarket unit.

I highly recommend installing this gizmo for your aftermarket receiver: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SCVD...t.html?tp=6953
It lets you use a dock and play radio but hide it away in the glove box and use the controls on the aftermarket deck. This allows you to have the clean install but the versatility of moving the Sirius tunes to a boombox or home kit.
Only drawback to going with a plug and play on an aftermarket or factory radio is the volume control will be much lower, in other words, you'll have to turn the volume up quite a bit to hear the radio.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok so Ill give this a shot and see what I can come up with, Thanks

Old 05-30-2009, 09:28 PM
I have a aftermarket keenwood head unit and sirius kit in the classifieds

Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Account cancelled
Originally Posted by v_tach
I always thought the satellite receiver itself was always a separate component. I have the single cd HU in my 2009 XLT and the parts manager showed me the receiver that would have been installed at the factory if the option would have come in my truck.
Many of the newer Fords have it built into the headunit, surprised the 2009 XLT didn't have that, but most in general it's a separate tuner box like you thought.

Quick Reply: Question on Sirius Aftermarket Radio