2009 xl w/ xl plus package. sirius button but no antenia??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 xl w/ xl plus package. sirius button but no antenia??

i have a base model xl and the only option i have is the "XL Plus" which comes with cruise and a upgraded sterio w/ CD and Aux input. i have a SIRIUS button but i don't have the antenia on top.

my question is: what else will i need to have working SIRIUS besides the antenia? will i need an additional receiver hooked up like i would if i were to go purchase a new head unit from an audio store?

thanks ahead of time!

-Dave

Old 04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by High Profile
i have a base model xl and the only option i have is the "XL Plus" which comes with cruise and a upgraded sterio w/ CD and Aux input. i have a SIRIUS button but i don't have the antenia on top.

my question is: what else will i need to have working SIRIUS besides the antenia? will i need an additional receiver hooked up like i would if i were to go purchase a new head unit from an audio store?

thanks ahead of time!

-Dave
yes u will need the sirius tuner, look around it might be in there, behind the radio, maybe the antenna is somewhere else. if u have the button on the radio, why wouldnt the rest be there? since that is an 09 maybe they hid the antenna to be cleaner, the tuner is most likely there unless they told u otherwise. the sales man might know

Old 04-13-2009, 08:19 PM
The receiver and antenna are required, they're not there. About $500 from the dealer.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by v_tach
The receiver and antenna are required, they're not there. About $500 from the dealer.
thats what i was thinkin.

thank you sir!

Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Sirius receiver from Scion to 2010 F150

Is it possible to take an activated Sirius radio reciever with lifetime membership from a Scion and put it into a new 2010 F150 XLT with SYNC? Can it be done with a harness and antenna for $100 rather than the aftermarket kit with everything for $500?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:08 PM
so, your new truck doesn't have sirius in it already? you should be able to just transfer your membership to the new vehicle.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by strogg
Is it possible to take an activated Sirius radio reciever with lifetime membership from a Scion and put it into a new 2010 F150 XLT with SYNC? Can it be done with a harness and antenna for $100 rather than the aftermarket kit with everything for $500?
If it is a stock Scion Sirius Capable Reciever than no it will not work, you will need the Ford Reciever.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by JJDH
yes u will need the sirius tuner, look around it might be in there, behind the radio, maybe the antenna is somewhere else. if u have the button on the radio, why wouldnt the rest be there? since that is an 09 maybe they hid the antenna to be cleaner, the tuner is most likely there unless they told u otherwise. the sales man might know
I know you alredy figured this out but for future reference or anyone else who has this question. If the vehicle is equipped with Sirius it will say so on the window sticker unless you have them install it at the dealer. Also when you hit the Sirius Button you will get the Sirius Service because they are activated from the factory and stay that way until 6 months from the sale date of the vehicle (Ford Provides this info to Sirius) if for some reason it is not activated you will get a message on the screen that says "TO ACTIVATE CALL 888-###-####" Many new cars they put that Sirius button or the "SAT" button on there so you can still use the AUX jack and they do not need to replace the headunit should you decide to add Sirius at the dealer during the time of sale.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Good point.

Quick Reply: 2009 xl w/ xl plus package. sirius button but no antenia??