Two recievers/one account

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Two recievers/one account

Ok gentlemen, got the ole lady a new car (08 Focus). Well I am going to start driving her old blazer to keep the miles on my F-150 down, and because it gets better gas mileage. I have a sirius reciever in my truck, but want it in the blazer too. If I went and bought a new reciever and stuff, and had both cars wired up for it, would Sirius charge me for both recievers?

If they did, where can I get all the antennas and FM adapters so that I can just have both vehicles wired up and just transfer the reciever to whatever vehicle I'm driving?

Thanks.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They charge for each receiver though any added receiver to your account is at a discount. With my XM each additional receiver is $6.99 a month so I assume Sirius is about the same.

To use the same receiver in both cars, you just need an additional car mount kit for your particular model receiver. Should be very easy to locate on-line. If the receiver isn't too old and discontinued, you might be able to find the car mount kit at your local electronics store.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I actually bought another starmate 4 complete kit and use 1 in the truck and have the other in the big truck, using the 1 reciever. In case that one craps out, I call Sirius and give them my new reciever serial# and all set. It's cuz it was as cheap as buying just the car kit.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by v_tach
They charge for each receiver though any added receiver to your account is at a discount. With my XM each additional receiver is $6.99 a month so I assume Sirius is about the same.

To use the same receiver in both cars, you just need an additional car mount kit for your particular model receiver. Should be very easy to locate on-line. If the receiver isn't too old and discontinued, you might be able to find the car mount kit at your local electronics store.
Yes, 6.99 for an additional Sirius receiver.

Quick Reply: Two recievers/one account