Sat radio antenna fitment

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sat radio antenna fitment

I just bought the Kenwood DNX 5120 head unit and - among other adapters - the Sirrius radio tuner. This tuner comes with a magnetic roof mount antenna. But, I already have the OEM Sirrius receiver in my truck --- so does anyone know if the OEM satellite antenna will fit the universal satellite receiver required by these aftermarket nav units? The guy at Crutchfield says probably not -- he thinks the plug will be different; but it seems kinda stupid to have an antenna sitting there and have to run another one.

Anybody got experience with this???

Last edited by SSCULLY; 09-06-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:04 AM
The factory sat box is underneath the radio, right behind the hvac controls. I think it is a pink harness for the antenna. From what I was told, you just remove the harness part and it will be the same plug end as your magnetic antenna.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks. That what I'm hoping for. Radio shipped today so we'll see.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
the connector is close to the same, after you remove the harness... it's a little smaller because it uses it's plastic harness to click into the connector.
For me, anyway, it would not stay in. I had to use black tape and wrap the tape to have a pulling tension to keep the connector from falling out.

Quick Reply: Sat radio antenna fitment