Existing XM Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Existing XM Satellite Radio

I just purchased a 2005 Lariat and the previous owner has a XM Satellite radio display unit installed by the shifter. When i turn it on it list all the stations and the song playing, but i am not sure how the radio is supposed to communicate with the module. I am sure everything is wired, but is there a button you have to hit on the factory radio for you to receive the satellite signal?? I know there is a subsciption to this service, but if it lists the song and station do you believe that i have the service for now. I was just wondering because i have never used satellite radio before. Thanks.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdavid
I just purchased a 2005 Lariat and the previous owner has a XM Satellite radio display unit installed by the shifter. When i turn it on it list all the stations and the song playing, but i am not sure how the radio is supposed to communicate with the module. I am sure everything is wired, but is there a button you have to hit on the factory radio for you to receive the satellite signal?? I know there is a subsciption to this service, but if it lists the song and station do you believe that i have the service for now. I was just wondering because i have never used satellite radio before. Thanks.
If it is an aftermarket radio then it is either using the XM radio's built-in FM modulator or there is a wired FM modulator connecting to the radio. Go into the menu of the XM radio and find out what FM station you need to tune your truck's radio to. Usually, there is a menu within the FM Modulator menu where you can change it to any station. Tune your truck's radio to that station and you should get the music from your XM radio.

If it is not a wired connection you may have to play around with what station the XM radio is tuned to so that does not interfere with a local station.

Go here to find what station should work best for you. http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/vacant

If you can tune the XM radio to any XM station then you still have a subscription.

Last edited by BlueFlareside; 02-10-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got it.

Thanks for you help BlueFlareside.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bdavid
I got it.

Thanks for you help BlueFlareside.
No problem. If your subscription runs out just call them up and sign up. Usually, subscriptions are for 1 year.

Quick Reply: Existing XM Satellite Radio