cancel service

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cancel service

Satellite radio went downhill bigtime when it teamed up with xm. I found myself listening more to terrestial radio than serius and then they raised rates!! I have been trying to cancel my service since since November of last year. I have mailed them once and called twice and they still continue to send me bills. If you call to add another radio you get someone pronto but as soon as you tell them you want to cancel they put you on hold forever. I called twice today and the put me on hold for a total of 31 minutes, I finally hung up. Luckily I never gave them my cc number based on the horror stories others have told me, and they sure pushed hard to get it. Watch out for these guys, something is not right.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I have to agree about the music. I left XM and went to Sirius when NASCAR moved. I had only stayed with XM for that - Sirius already had the NFL. Pn sirius I found a much better mix of music especially my favorites channel the 60s. XM'x 60s channel has DJs and all the C**p that goes with them - Phlash, Wolfman, etc. Loved the Sirius channel cause they just played the music - now that's gone. I find myself listening more and more to my iPod for music. I still like Sirius for sports but little else - and why the H do we need a full channel 24/7 of Bruce Springsteen???

I recently canceled my service on the Stiletto - their handheld portable I used as a second radio. Had no trouble at all doing so. Still I wish they had never merged!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidgef
Satellite radio went downhill bigtime when it teamed up with xm. I found myself listening more to terrestial radio than serius and then they raised rates!! I have been trying to cancel my service since since November of last year. I have mailed them once and called twice and they still continue to send me bills. If you call to add another radio you get someone pronto but as soon as you tell them you want to cancel they put you on hold forever. I called twice today and the put me on hold for a total of 31 minutes, I finally hung up. Luckily I never gave them my cc number based on the horror stories others have told me, and they sure pushed hard to get it. Watch out for these guys, something is not right.
No kidding!! Today I received an email from Sirius stating that listening on the Internet will no longer free, now it will cost an additional $2.99/month...WTF!!

Old 02-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Back in December I caught a brief add about lifetime membership for $399.00 + tax
So I called and got it, it was five payments of $83.59. And you can transfer recievcers up to three times at the cost of $75.00 each time. With the lifetime deal the internet service is included. I have the "Sportster" with a dock in my p/u, home set up, the boombox and portable set up for my Thunderbird SC. It works for me. Do the math.
At 12.95 per month X 12 months = $155.40+tax. After 2.5 years I will be $$$$ ahead.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverLakeF150
Back in December I caught a brief add about lifetime membership for $399.00 + tax
So I called and got it, it was five payments of $83.59. And you can transfer recievcers up to three times at the cost of $75.00 each time. With the lifetime deal the internet service is included. I have the "Sportster" with a dock in my p/u, home set up, the boombox and portable set up for my Thunderbird SC. It works for me. Do the math.
At 12.95 per month X 12 months = $155.40+tax. After 2.5 years I will be $$$$ ahead.
Only one problem with your logic: its highly possible sirus/xm won't survive and what happens then? From what I hear over on the satellite tv forums, they are not doing well at all...

Old 02-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've started listening to discs again. I did not renew, and I have not heard from them...the ball is their court.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:48 AM
i also liked the pre-merger sirius

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 AM
SiriusXM will survive for at least two more years. The Howards contract is up. If he doesn't renew and retires like he claims he will, I personally would cancel. Howard is 90% of my Sirius listening.

I got the email about the Internet no longer being free too. Unless I purchase a longer/more expensive plan. I havent listened online in ages anyway, so no biggie for me.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZeroDormancy
i also liked the pre-merger sirius
Same here, I have even noticed that my reception is not as good.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM
RLV
My truck came with 6 months of Sirus radio I asked Sirus to extand my service for another 6 months. After 5 months they turned my service off, then a month later they billed my credit card another 6 months without my approval and did not notify me of the charge. When I contacted them they only would refund me for 4 months even though they turned off my radio 2 months early.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Last year they tried to hit me for 3 months of late fees but they never even sent me a bill. When my subscription is up in March I'm done. It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by 06hdfxst; 02-11-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:47 PM
They charged my credit card for $88.xx without authorization. I threatened to sue and initiate a class action. I had a refund the same day. BTW they're considering bankruptcy! Karma's a B!tch http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/10/r...or-bankruptcy/

Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Originally Posted by rcaddell
SiriusXM will survive for at least two more years. The Howards contract is up. If he doesn't renew and retires like he claims he will, I personally would cancel. Howard is 90% of my Sirius listening.

I got the email about the Internet no longer being free too. Unless I purchase a longer/more expensive plan. I havent listened online in ages anyway, so no biggie for me.
x2 as far as listening to Howard and I haven't had any issues w/ sirius as far as billing goes. I think there are more satisfied customers than disatisfied ones and sorry to hear about you guys problems. I also agree that the merger sucks!! They really screwed up the music programming. The xm music channels that they have on in place of some former sirius channels absolutly blow!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
yes, the music channels that came over from xm aren't that great, and some of the dj's that moved to the sirius channels blow, especially that Bodee guy on Octane. i don't think Howard will leave when the contract is up though, if for no other reason than to make sure satellite survives and drives terrestrial radio in the ground. i haven't had any problems either and i have been with sirius for 4 years now. oh and if they do file bankruptcy all they will do is get rid of the debt they have now and pretty much start over again, they still aren't going anywhere.

Quick Reply: cancel service