Sirius mounting coming off

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sirius mounting coming off

Ok gents, as some of you may recall I got Sirius radio recently and I decided to mount it underneath the cig light/power source swing down door in my truck, well a month later the weight ( yeah all 2 ounces) is pulling the glue of of the mounting bracket and plastic dash down there.

I'm wondering if anybody else has had this problem and what they did to resolve it. Pulling screws in it is my absolute last option, but I have no plans to ever get rid of this truck, but its just my last option.

Thanks,

FX

Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Glue might be an option, i use a black hot glue that has a different texture, not the weak clear crap, so that would probably work, or if you can get ahold of some good double-sided tape, and clean the mounting area and the mount itself with alcohol and heat up the tape before you apply it, you might get better results.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Mounting bracket

They do sell different style mounting brackets. Do a search for Sirius mounting brackets. I have a 2003 F150 and I mounted my underneath the steering wheel using the (I call it the cell phone pocket) cell phone holder. I used two screws and you cannot even tell the the screws exist. I then tucked my excess wiring into the cell phone holder pocket. If you don't like that idea, 3M Company makes a good velcro product.

Good Luck
Andy

Quick Reply: Sirius mounting coming off