ripping out the sirius

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ripping out the sirius

had sirius installed in my truck last year but it was a gift from my X boyfriend so i'd like to rip it out now plus i broke the power sorce for it that plugs into my lighter but i'm just wonderin if it's going to leave a mark on my interior...??

i had it installed by professionals but i dont know what they used to glue it on there cause the sticky stuff would stay and i think my ex used super glue to glue the attena cord part to the passenger side plastic by the windshield..

if it's going to leave marks on my interior then i guess i'll just leave it be and try to get the subscription switched to my name or something and see if i can find a new power plug in...

but i'd really like to just rip it out

you can see where it's all installed here

Old 07-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Suspended
I would take it to a audio store. Have their installers check it out and see if its possible. This way, when taking it out if anything happens they are at fault and have to fix it. And not you with broken parts or anything and paying out of pocket.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Smile try straight rubbing alcohol

I would try straight rubbing alcohol. Spray it on between the surface of your truck and the mounting tape. The odor can be strong, but rubbing alcohol is a good cleaner. I use rubbing alcohol and vinegar water around the house. If the straight alcohol does not work, use a product called oop's. Oop's is sold at your local Home Depot, Lowes.

Good luck
Andy

Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I ended up just pulling it right off, didn't hurt anything.
but i still gotta have the pfessionals pull out the wires...not sure how they installed those

Quick Reply: ripping out the sirius