Radio start signal?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio start signal?

Truck is a 2005 F150 XLT Supercrew. I installed a Sirius PNP unit a month or so ago. The power is connected via a mini fuse tap at the fuse box. I originally had it tapped into the delay accessory fuse so that it would stay on after the ignition is turned off until a door is opened. The only other fuse I can tap into with this function is the radio fuse but that circuit stays hot to keep programs and clock settings and the current it takes for that keeps my Sirius unit on all the time. I realized that with the tap on the delay accessory when I slow down, so does the volume and when I get back to speed it returns to normal. Right now it is connected to the #1 ignition accessory fuse, which is fine until I turn the truck off and my eardrums are rattled with static because the Sirius dosent stay on. The only other fuse I might be able to use is what this whole long post is about. It is a 5 amp fuse labeled radio start signal. Does this circuit stay live when truck is shut off until door is opened? Would this be a safe circuit to use? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never mind, I figured it out. Thanks anyhow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Radio start signal?