sirius charges you unknowingly

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sirius charges you unknowingly

so yeah my subscription was up so they charged me for another year on the debit card linked to an account i dont use right now so there is no money in it and got a overdraft charge because of it......i got a months free service but that is not even close to the charge i had

i had no warning of this no letter, no email, no call

so i would suggest calling sirius and making sure you dont have a card on file with them so that way when your subscription is up you can pay for it the way you want

Old 06-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Suspended
Unless you call and cancel they assume that you want to continue service. They assume that the card you used to activate is the one you want to continue using if you did not call them and change this on the records. Everything is taken care of on the phone or electronically, not only with them but with 90% of all other bills these days. I only write two checks a month. One for my storage unit, the other for rent. You can avoid this by closing down old accounts, or calling Sirius to change payment information as needed, they had no way of knowing that there was no money in that account.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Unless you call and cancel they assume that you want to continue service. They assume that the card you used to activate is the one you want to continue using if you did not call them and change this on the records. Everything is taken care of on the phone or electronically, not only with them but with 90% of all other bills these days. I only write two checks a month. One for my storage unit, the other for rent. You can avoid this by closing down old accounts, or calling Sirius to change payment information as needed, they had no way of knowing that there was no money in that account.
i realize that they didnt know but i mean i was never told that the would do that and i personally like it but would have liked to know they were going to do it so i could get my info changed so i wouldnt have gotten the overdraft fee, so i was just letting people know

Old 06-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Suspended
Gotcha If you havent already you can set up your account online and be able to keep track of it and even change information without having to call them.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by bigdaddyII
Gotcha If you havent already you can set up your account online and be able to keep track of it and even change information without having to call them.
my account is setup online, and i would have changed my info if i knew they were gonna charge me but didnt know so i didnt do anything

Old 06-02-2008, 03:15 AM
i pitched a fit about this with them. They did that to me and it was a closed acct. Then my service was also shut off.

I really hate somethings about that company.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Suspended
If they were chargin ya they shoulda kept your service going (didnt it expire?)

Luckily mine was activated by the dealer, so no card on file at all until i reactivate it.

Old 06-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
If you had bothered to read your subscriber agreement, you would have seen that it specifically stated that your subscription automatically renewed.

Read your agreement...

Steve

Old 06-02-2008, 05:50 PM
DRJ
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
If you had bothered to read your subscriber agreement, you would have seen that it specifically stated that your subscription automatically renewed.

Read your agreement...

Steve
+ if the service goes out then gets reinstated, you'll have to get a refresher signal from sirius (or XM) to get all the channels again

Old 06-03-2008, 02:17 PM

Read your agreement...

Steve
Youre right. I prolly should have taken a little more time and fully read it. But Sirius does a lot of crap that drives me nuts. The only reason I still deal with them is I get their service for near free and the NFL.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:45 AM

Read your agreement...

Steve
Thats how my contract read.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down ya ya

Sure, its in the contract, but still annoying.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 PM
XM does the same thing.
The same thing happen to me with XM. I had signed up for 2 years the first time. After the 2 years was over they billed my debt card for another 2 YEARS with out a bill or letting me know. talk about being pissed off. XM- sirius are one in the same.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I got a letter in the mail last week explaining to me that they were going to do this. I guess to warn me. Also along with an updated channel list

Old 06-06-2008, 05:46 PM
DRJ
Originally Posted by thetruck
I got a letter in the mail last week explaining to me that they were going to do this. I guess to warn me. Also along with an updated channel list
any new channels?

Quick Reply: sirius charges you unknowingly