Antenna for my 08 factory Sirius reciever

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antenna for my 08 factory Sirius reciever

I bought a Factory sirius reciever and it came without an antenna. Does anyone know the part number for a replacement antenna? I did some research and it appears that there is a clip harness on the factory antenna so I would like to get one from ford directly that has that harness but if you know a work around that would be fine too!

Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 AM
Any aftermarket Sirius antenna should work. That small clip may be available at the Ford dealer, you'd have to check. Whether it could work with an aftermarket antenna I doubt. Here is a pic of the clip in question..

More pics are available in the D3 review linked in my sig if ya need em.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor
7L3Z 18813-A mast

Didn't see any clip anywhere.

Ed

Old 04-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Any antenna will work. You don't need the clip at all. I removed the clip on the factory antenna to plug it into my XM receiver. They both use the same coax connection but the Ford OEM uses an XM style clip over the coax connector for some reason. You can just push a standard Sirius antenna into the connector on the Sirius unit and it will be perfect.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM
Originally Posted by naplesbill
Any antenna will work. You don't need the clip at all. I removed the clip on the factory antenna to plug it into my XM receiver. They both use the same coax connection but the Ford OEM uses an XM style clip over the coax connector for some reason. You can just push a standard Sirius antenna into the connector on the Sirius unit and it will be perfect.
x2

Quick Reply: Antenna for my 08 factory Sirius reciever