Order Foulup on F250 Navigation/Audiophile But no Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Order Foulup on F250 Navigation/Audiophile But no Sirius

My dealer accidentally messed up my special order for a 2008 F250.

They ordered the Navigation/Audiophile Radio as specified but accidentally did not put the proper codes on the order to include the Sirius Satellite Radio that was also specified in the order. The truck has shipped but has not been received.

What is the bottom line on trying to add Sirius to the Ford Navigation unit after the truck leaves the factory? The truck will not have the satellite antennae as the dealer says the Navigation GPS uses the dipole stick antennae (I'm not so sure about that one). They say a separate satellite radio antennae will have to be purchased.

One dealer says you can not add Sirius after the fact since the Navigator Audiophile does not have a 'SAT' button. It is integrated into the audiophile radio. They say I will have to get a third party unit and connect it to the auxilary 3" phone plug jack on the lower dash or get an FM modulator. I am familiar with an FM Modulator Sirius solution with it's low sound quality as I have that on my current 2005 F250 (There was not SAT option on the 2005 F250s).

The other dealer says it can be done but only by installing an aftermarket antennae. Yet they say they have never done it.

Has anyone here had any experience with this?

It gripes me to pay $1855 for Ford Navigation Unit and $555 for the Audiophile radio for it not to be integrated with the satellite radio. I was told 'don't worry about the codes because the order system will not allow errors'. That is just way too much money to pay for a non integrated unit.

I hate to turn down a $56,000 truck over an issue such as this and ask the dealer to reorder another one. My intuition says to pass on this truck and ask the dealer to reorder it correcting the issue.

Last edited by wharrell; 03-07-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
You don't have to turn it down, I think they should fix it for free to how you want it, even if it involves a new radio. It is the least they can do for a 56K truck... and anything can be done with the right amount of money.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
don't accept the truck if it is not EXACTLY like you want it or you will never fully enjoy it.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by cannonballgsu
don't accept the truck if it is not EXACTLY like you want it or you will never fully enjoy it.
x2!! Thats on them not you. You ordered it one way and it didnt happen like that. ITS obviously NOT YOUR TRUCK!

Quick Reply: Order Foulup on F250 Navigation/Audiophile But no Sirius