SCVDOC1 and IVA-W205

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCVDOC1 and IVA-W205

Recently I purchased a Sirius SCVDOC1 and Alpine KCA-SC100 off of Ebay. When hooked up to my Alpine 205 allows me to control my Sirius Plug and Play unit thru my head unit. I have to say I love this setup! I have always wanted my Sat radio to be built in the head unit, but I never wanted to lose the portablity of the plug and play units as I have a home stereo I use with it as well as carring it with me in my ambulance at work. It also allows me to put the plug and play unit in my centre console so it is out of sight. Plus it also turns the sirius plug and play unit on and off with the headunit, and it gives you all the controls feature on the sirius P&P on the headunit.

The Sirius SCVDOC1 and Alpine KCA-SC100 cost roughly $100 Canadian which is pretty much now $100 USD and took maybe an hour max to install. That includes hiding all the wires out of sight and I took my time doing it, likely can easly been done in 30 minutes.

The SCVDOC1 works with many different types of head units, you may just need to buy a different interface to work with it.

I will Post some pictures tomorrow when I get home from work.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to get the pics put up!

Quick Reply: SCVDOC1 and IVA-W205