Older Sirius Replay Hardwire

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Older Sirius Replay Hardwire

Hey everyone. I've searched for this but I cannot find the answer to what I'm looking for. I have one of the older Sirius Sportster Replays (SP2). I don't know if this runs off 12V or if it is 5V like the newer ones. I would like to hardwire the unit so it comes on and off with my radio. I have a stock radio in my 05 F150, AM/FM Single CD. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Originally Posted by flybub
Hey everyone. I've searched for this but I cannot find the answer to what I'm looking for. I have one of the older Sirius Sportster Replays (SP2). I don't know if this runs off 12V or if it is 5V like the newer ones. I would like to hardwire the unit so it comes on and off with my radio. I have a stock radio in my 05 F150, AM/FM Single CD. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Go buy a Cigarette Lighter Adaptor from CCity or BBy. Then wire the leads of that to the ign wire and ground behind the radio. Plug your Cig Lighter into the CLA. Should take 15-20 min at the worst.

Poof. DONE.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 AM
is that what the problem is with my sirius? I cut off the cig lighter and ran it to my audio fuse and then grounded it. Can someone tell me how i can fix my prob? Thanx in advance

Old 04-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 9mwilson
is that what the problem is with my sirius? I cut off the cig lighter and ran it to my audio fuse and then grounded it. Can someone tell me how i can fix my prob? Thanx in advance
Depending on which receiver you have, if it is a 5V model, you may have very well fried the unit by doing that as the voltage is reduced at the plug itself. If it still works using the correct voltage, buy another power cable from Ebay or wherever and use the method described above. I ran an add a circuit to my fuse box to a switched fuse so it works with the ignition.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 AM
okay, Ive bought the cig lighter adapter and now need to buy a new power cable. Thanks for the help, and I hope i didnt fry the unit

Quick Reply: Older Sirius Replay Hardwire