Sirius Radio - Signal

Old 01-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius Radio - Signal

I have recently activated the factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio in my 2006 Ford - F150. When I am driving in most metropolitan areas, the signal strength is strong, however when I leave the city limits, the radio keeps "acquiring" the signal and soon looses the signal totally. Do you know what might be causing this?

Old 01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
DRJ
Originally Posted by surfin62
I have recently activated the factory installed Sirius Satellite Radio in my 2006 Ford - F150. When I am driving in most metropolitan areas, the signal strength is strong, however when I leave the city limits, the radio keeps "acquiring" the signal and soon looses the signal totally. Do you know what might be causing this?
Sirius doesn't have a strong sat. signal, maybe it's the weather that could be affecting your signal..

Old 01-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by surfin62
Sounds like a bad antenna.

And in most cities Sirius and XM use terrestrial repeaters. These work just like FM stations. Just in case there is too tall of buildings nearby. They use these in BBy's and CCity's. (actually in my ccity you dont even need an antenna on the radio because those are that strong)

Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 AM
not necessarily a bad antenna - I'm using the Sirius 'monster' antenna and I still have that problem if I stray out of the Orlando area in just about any direction.

It's a real b#@ch to keep trying to find FM stations to lock it in, not to mention the numerous bouts with complete signal loss....

If the signal were as good as the programming, we'd have a winner...

Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It must just be a problem with the factory unit. I have an aftermarket plug and play radio (XACT Visor) and the only signal problem I have is when I am in a parking garage. No problems when I leave the Orlando area at all. I drove to my dad's in North Carolina and the signal never dropped once.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:16 AM
You may need to call Sirius (1-888-438-7474) and explain you problem. They have the ability to increase or fine tune the signal to your individual unit. I had a simular problem with the Sirius Sportster unit I used in my '04 STX.

Last edited by STXDriver; 01-26-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't have the factory installed unit buit I do have one of the sportster series I move to each of my trucks. I have driven from Oh to CA and Back without any loss of signal except for going under large overpasses.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Got it figured out, called sirius' tech line and they tried resending the signal again. It worked. I'm not sure what happened the other day?
thanks for the help guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sirius Radio - Signal