Installing Factory Sirius

Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Dude I got the OEM Sirius from on EBAY sent me a 06 HU unit he had "LAYING" around ... It works great!!!!.....
This guy rocks

Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 AM
POWER .... Get power from cig lighter... U need constant power......
The factory plug in the newer trucks plugs into the back of the cig lighter......
I got power from a keyed scorce and it worked funky because the sat tuner was not pre powered when the radio came on and it would not go to where you had it set when you shut the truck off and the delay shut off mode was worthless... ALso I out the antenna on the dash and it works GREAT!!!!!
I wanted it in side the truck... because I run it through the carwash and was worried it would get hosed up
GATR

Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the play-by-play GATR. I'm about to do the same thing in my '04 Audiophile. I just received an '07 Audiophile HU via eBay and I'm on the prowl for the Sirius tuner now. Did you have to get the head unit reprogrammed or anything to work with your steering controls? Or did it work immediately? Can you give a quick recap of everything you needed to do to swap out head units and install the OEM Sirius tuner?

Also, can you post some pics to show what you did with your antenna? I'm curious to see how that looks.

Thanks - Dave

Old 07-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Dave the HU is EASY to change out!!! 4 little bolts...
I did not have to get Anything reprogrammed...
I am not sure what you mean buy steering controls
I just zip tied the tuner under my HU...
The center plug of the HU is where the plug from the tuner goes..
Just let the old plug in the unit hang free
The small gray plug is for power I had to cut it off and wire it manually.. Te old fasion way
I had to get power from the fat blue wire on the cig liter...
I forget what I used for ground....
I ran the antenna wire in front of the dash tray and put it up to the windsheeld center between the defroster vents
Take out the two bolts above the HU and it pops out...
Same size as the ones on the HU.....
OH the biggest pain in the **** is the airbag plug on top of the.. cvr
If you have any more questions e.mail me your phone number and I'll talk you through it...
Gatr

Old 07-21-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm having the same issue on my '07.. no place for the small grey plug with black/green and green/violet ... so is 6L3Z-14588-AA actually the wrong cable for 2007 models?

If I give up... just run green/violet to constant power and ground the black/green? I really don't want to do that... but I guess its easier than getting/waiting for another cable.

Someone posted their 2 wire plug goes into the cigarette lighter area... mine doesn't, maybe it changed in 07?

Matt

Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Well I just tapped into the grey plug and ran to power and ground, problem solved. Woulda been nice to have the correct cable and factory plug, but whatever. Factory sirius in the head unit, finally !

Matt

Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
The constant power is the only way to go.... I was TOLD the plug fite 05 06 model in the back of the cig lighter... I have an 04 " the good one"
LOL
Gatr

Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, got my new headunit installed in my '04 Audiophile and it works great. I found a 2007 audiophile HU on ebay for $64. Ridiculously cheap. Anyone know where I can get an adapter to connect the 2004 antenna to the 2007 HU? I can only find adapters that go the other direction (2007 antenna -> '04 style connector). Is my only option to buy an '07 Antenna+cable?

Also, I just bought a new OEM Sirius tuner on ebay (also crazy cheap - $57) but it doesn't come with the antenna. Does anyone have the part number handy for the Sirius antenna (and the harness part # too just in case the included harness isn't correct)?

Thanks guys!
Dave

Old 07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
6L3Z-14588-AA <<<<<Harness number I used

I would use this and get power fron the cig liter....
I used a standard Sirus car antenna
Man u dot me on the HU antenna... seems like an 07
is a good idea....
Yeah crazie cheap
WTG

Gatr

Old 08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Factory power connector is hidden

On my 06 Supercrew I had the connection to the Factory HU and then the Sirius unit but couldn't find the power plug connection. I was about the give up and cut it off, but I finally found the factory spot. If you remove the Sirius unit and reach around to the back outside right of the radio cage you will see a wiring loom running up and down. Attached to that is a grey power plug where the Sirius cable plugs into for power. It was a pain to get it pulled to the left so I could even see it.

Thanks to everybody else's posts here I got the pieces/parts and now have Sirius with the 6 disk mp3 player installed.

Thanks!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Dang....
That's a bunch of looks....
I hope the info in this thread was helpful... We all learned from it that used it
The info on the boards at 150 Online is awsome...
many thanks to all you folks
Gatr

Old 11-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I have an '07 and this harness does not work for me with the cig lighter 6L3Z-14588-AA. Is there a harness for the 2007 or what>?

Old 11-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Well I got it to work and I just cut the end off and hard wired it into the lighter, the green and violet(+) and the black green(-). It works great and I dont know if the unit I bought came with the 6 months free like the new trucks get, but I have not paid for service and I am getting it, so I am not going to buy a subscription until I have no service, no reason to pay for something I have.
JK

Old 03-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Interested in doing same installation (CD/MP3 radio with sarellite module in vehicle that did not have either option).
04white&tan20s, is the female connector shown below, the connector you were referring to that's located on right side / below radio, that small male connector in radioman's photo labeled B, wolld connect to?
It was held in place with electrical tape to main harness, appears that's how it came from factory.

Last edited by iFoMo; 03-05-2017 at 07:07 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing Factory Sirius