Pre-1997 Models

What to Do ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What to Do ?

My truck has been going down hill since it hit about 175,000 miles Lost my tailgate so now i have a green truck black gate. The engine has been acting funny high idle burning oil like crazy, and has piston slap or lifter i don't know. I don't have alot of cash being 16 and all. I got the truck for free so i can't complain alot. But i will any way. I am looking into a new engine or completely new truck still ford but just a diffrent one. I am looking into a jasper Class II engine for about $2000 bucks. Or i could sell/trade my truck and get somthing New to me. I don't think i will get much for my truck and with only 2000 extra i don't think i can get a nice ford truck. So is Jasper a Good engine company or should i just go and buy one from FORD . Ford is most likly 10 times more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Thanks- Hunt

Old 05-24-2002, 06:14 PM
drive that puppy right down to the nearest technical college with an automotive dept and ask one of the instructors if you can get your engine rebuilt by the students. All you'll have to pay for is parts. If your lucky the college will have a machinists dept too and the machine work (if any) could be done there also.

A rebuilt jasper will have the same problems as a regular rebuilt(yours) engine. <-------very few problems at all.
Plus, the tech college might even take the time to sort things that you yourself can't figure out

Old 05-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Well the funny thing is , is that i am a Tech Student in automotive its my first year at its only a highschool I asked my teachers if the upper class men would do it and they flat out said NO.......they don't like my truck anyways because its a ford............I could rebuild my engine at my house but I would be with out a car for a while. I can get a some what good deal on a jasper and I know some one who can drop it in very fast. thanks for your reply. And as for getting a new truck HAHAHAHA way outa my price range i can't even afford a old *** ranger. Well i guess its time to call jasper up and say hello.

Old 05-24-2002, 06:54 PM
Well I have desided what to do for now. My brother has a 1989 Honda prelude that he will give me because he owes my rents some cash. you did not hear that from me. I am going to drive the prelude and save up some cash to do what i want to with the truck Hi Performance engine and stuff like that. I know its not a ford but hey its a car and a fun one at that. I guess i will be gone from boards for a while till i start to build my truck up thanks for all the Info....

Cya , Matt

Old 05-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Thumbs up

Good luck. Do research. Keep your budget in mind and a time frame.