Pre-1997 Models

Tornado Engine Performance Maximizer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tornado Engine Performance Maximizer?

This engine performance maximizer made by Tornado installs inside air intake hose between air intake and air filter box on electronically fuel injected vehicles. It is suppose to create a swirling motion, constantly forcing air around corners and bends and through the intakes. Is this for real? Does this thing work? Will it improve gas mileage and horsepower? It is for years 75-00 fullsize pickups.

Old 02-25-2002, 12:02 AM
hi again pandt .
from what your saying this is simular to a poweraide that has alot of controversy about it's actual performance gains here on the boards . from what i understand from the majority of people that have tried it is it isnt worth the bang for the buck. again that is a spacer that goes between the throttle body and the intake so it does restrict the airflow . if this is something that goes inside the intake tubes from the air filter it would restrict the airflow and thats not what you want . an FIPK or modified airbox is going to give you a better bang for the buck. FIPK's are going to run $150 to $200 . i did my airbox mod for $50 (K & N drop in filter and crankcase filter ) then once you get good airflow into the motor check into exhaust .

Old 02-25-2002, 12:13 AM
RAY, how ya doin'? My name is Tim. I also have already put in a K&N air filter. Will a K&N crankcase oil filter help also? What do you mean by checking into exhaust? Do you mean to see if my exhaust is obstructed?

Old 02-25-2002, 12:37 AM
You should look at Ray's gallery to see the air box mod. I just did this and noticed big increases in hp.

about the exhaust.....He means you should consider installing aftermarket exhaust...(catback, y pipe, headers)

Old 02-25-2002, 02:33 AM
Mod the air box and forget the Tornado. The intake on these trucks is easy to mod, and they respond well. I did mine slightly different than Ray's. My friend got a FIPK. Seat of the pants mine worked just as good.

For what they want for a Tornado you could put the money towards pulleys or something else that will actually help.

Quick Reply: Tornado Engine Performance Maximizer?