Pre-1997 Models

noise plus speeometer quit

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
updating all that I don't know. I removed the heat fuse from the ADM, and it tested good. I re-plugged the ADM in and turned on the key and watched the skeletal ADM, the fuse blew, and the varistor momentarily glowed red, and gave burning smell. I have no idea if the varistor is bad causing the problem, or a problem as causing it to do funny things. the varistor is a disk shaped electrical component that acts as overvoltage protection. The one in question is made by TDK, numbers on top are 06195, and center line is FOOF-AA. so far I hav'nt been able to get any info on this part, and even if I replace it I don't know if it will cure the problem. Meanwhile I continue to check all wired circuits for ant anomaly.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:01 AM
This will be the last post to this thread by me, I hope. Perseverance pays off! After many long hours of searching, and looking and trying, I finally found the answer. I removed the heat fuse, and afterward I checked the continuity with multi-meter, and the fuse was still good. I plugged the circuit board of the ADM back in and turned on the key, I watched and saw a component on the board glow red and the 10 amp fuse blew. The component was a MOV (metal oxide varistor). I found this link while searching for 97 and 98 Lincoln Mark VII ADM, which is purported to be the same part as the 95-96 F150. http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/...ad.php?t=81295 the rest should be self explanatory. My system is back up, the stars have re-aligned, and my wife loves me again. adios to this post, and I hope someone else finds this helpful. This is an edit on 1-18-2020, the link is no longer valid, but info is available on http://www.markviii.org/~glitch/SRS%...0code%2051.pdf

Last edited by somemorebob; 01-18-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: link no longer valid
Old 01-19-2017, 11:05 AM
P.S. The noise is still there although not as loud, so I will still be crawling around under it until a loose part falls on me and I figure that out also.

Quick Reply: noise plus speeometer quit