Pre-1997 Models

anyone install a steering stabilizer on a 95 2WD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone install a steering stabilizer on a 95 2WD?

Just looking into doing this sometime later in the future. I know it's a 2wd, I may wanna get 31's on it later on. I can search and find steering stabilizers for 95 2wd but I can't seem to find good instructions. I just can't figure out where it connects to! There doesn't seem to be a good spot anywhere near the arm.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What do you hope to accomplish?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve83
What do you hope to accomplish?

Thanks! I was just thinking out loud but I think my project has changed and I'll post another thread. Tried for a wheel alignment today and they couldn't do it. Said tie rods need to be replaced and wheel bearings. I saw the guys with flashlights under the car and looking at the rods and then wiggling the wheel. So that's what it was, I just thought I was getting a lot of wiggle. Anyway, I'll post another thread about replacing tie rods. I think I can do it. Wheel bearings...maybe not. May need a pro to do that.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't need to start another thread - this one is fine for anything related to your truck's steering.

A stabilizer is NOT a fix or even a band-aid (although it's often used that way) for loose steering. The ONLY purpose of a steering stabilizer is to dampen the impact of a front tire encountering a large obstacle at speed (which should only happen off-road) so it doesn't rip the steering wheel out of your hands, and is less-likely to damage the steering box.

Quick Reply: anyone install a steering stabilizer on a 95 2WD?