Pre-1997 Models

Alarm sounds and door locks, lock and unlock three times

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alarm sounds and door locks, lock and unlock three times

So I recently went to Thailand. Left my 96 F150 at a buddy's house in seattle while I was away. I get back to seattle to find a nice dent/scratch right by my drivers side lock, it seems to me that someone wanted to break into the rig. Nothing seems to be missing when I get inside however when I go to start the truck the alarm sounds. And the bastard will not go off. I disconnect the battery and hold the brake down for 10 seconds, that at least will reset the ecu (in the subaru's i've owned) Doesn't work the first time, but after a try or two I get the rig started and head home. I did try and push the reset button under my dash however that didnt seem to actually do anything... maybe its not making a connection?

Having to stop to take a leak I pull into Mcdonalds, I turn the truck off and go take care of business. Get back into the truck and that bastard alarm goes off again. This time no amount of ecu resetting, turing the key back and forth, or holding the reset button or cursing will stop the damn thing. I eventually cut the wire going to the alarm just to stop passerby's from thinking I'm trying to steal my own truck. I'm severely jet lagged at this point and slightly hung over from all the bloody marys I could drink on an 18 hour plane trip and my judgement was failing. But I figured that maybe that reset button wasn't actually doing its job. The lock ring had slid off a while ago and its been bouncing around under the dash since I bought the truck. So I snip those wires going to the reset button and connect the two. Bingo the truck starts up and I drive home.

So, now everytime I need to start the truck I just have to hotwire those two wires and take off. though I have not checked to see if the alarm is still blasting away, or would be if I were to hook it back up.(gut feeling says it is) I got tired of hotwiring it so I just connected the two with a wire connector thing, but every time I hit a bump the locks actuate about three times.

I figure its an immobilizer or something. I'd like to just take it out. Where is it in the vehicle? What do I do? Also the key fob is long gone.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:31 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Almost impossible without knowing the make and model of the alarm system, it certainly is not a stock Ford item.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply. not stock. good to know.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:12 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ford only offered THEFT on these trucks in '94-95, and it was added onto the RKE system. All it did was prevent the starter from engaging, and sound the regular horn.

Quick Reply: Alarm sounds and door locks, lock and unlock three times