Pre-1997 Models

'92 F150; Anybody Running Side Steps from Newer

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'92 F150; Anybody Running Side Steps from Newer

I've been bad and been cruising Craigslist again. Mainly for parts for the back of my truck, Chuck. Rearended awhile back. Cherry tailgate already acquired, still looking for the right bumper. While I was looking I remembered how high my truck is and how it's a bit difficult for my little lady to enter it, gracefully anyway.

So, if you've installed side steps from newer Ford or even Chevy on your rig, please let me know. I've spied a couple of sets that are lit on both ends, from f2/350. A bit too long for my truck. At 100.00 or so, I'd be down for cutting them down a bit/welding them back to look correct.

Same question as above for rear bumpers.

Pictures/links would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Will

Old 01-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm not so sure how easy that will be, I wound up being caught between bully bars which mount to the frame rails or those little folding adjustable steps, which I ended up going with because the bully bar wouldn't sit high enough due to a body lift... I have a 95 F150 xlt, I wanted to put my brothers side steps/running boards off of his 2006 f150 but they mount to the underbody and the newer trucks have a different ridge to adhere to under there... you may have to fabricate a bit.

Quick Reply: '92 F150; Anybody Running Side Steps from Newer