Pre-1997 Models

help after head gaskets

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help after head gaskets

Hey guys im sorry this is off the topic but im in real need of some help i have a 1986 f150 302EFI 4x4 and i put new head gaskets on the truck and the truck ran fine before hand and now it cranks over slow unless you take the injectors out and hold them staright up and down we finally got it to start by rolling it off and after it started it blowed white smoke like crazy and it would stay running as long as you keep in the gas and after it set there and we got it to run a lil while it would start with the swtch but if it sets for 10 min it goes right back to turning over REALLY slow it acts like its trying to hydrolock but it just keeps turning over and will never stop any help at all will be very helpful thank you in advance. oh we have put a new starter new solinoid ingioton moudle on the side of the dis.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bigdaniel
Hey guys im sorry this is off the topic but im in real need of some help i have a 1986 f150 302EFI 4x4 and i put new head gaskets on the truck and the truck ran fine before hand and now it cranks over slow unless you take the injectors out and hold them staright up and down we finally got it to start by rolling it off and after it started it blowed white smoke like crazy and it would stay running as long as you keep in the gas and after it set there and we got it to run a lil while it would start with the swtch but if it sets for 10 min it goes right back to turning over REALLY slow it acts like its trying to hydrolock but it just keeps turning over and will never stop any help at all will be very helpful thank you in advance. oh we have put a new starter new solinoid ingioton moudle on the side of the dis.
You need to post a new thread in the pre 97 section.
off topic to this thread and off topic for this section and thats all good just trying to help you out. You'll be more likely to find answers there or the V8 section.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Triple check your ignition timing. Are your plugs fuel soaked?

Quick Reply: help after head gaskets