Pre-1997 Models

1995 Filler neck question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Filler neck question

When I put gas in the car, I can see a drip-drip-drip of gas down below. When its almost full, it starts to leak!
Was wondering if a filler neck replacement is something I can do without dropping the fuel tank?

Old 04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It depends on the length and shape of the rubber hose. If it's real short it will be much harder to do.

There is also a vent hose you might want to look at in the same area I believe.

If your leak is coming from the hoses them that should fix you right up. If it is leaking around the metal flange on the tank from rust or a crack, then you need to replace the tank.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO WELD OR SOLDIER THE GAS TANK!

Old 04-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jgger
It depends on the length and shape of the rubber hose. If it's real short it will be much harder to do.

There is also a vent hose you might want to look at in the same area I believe.

If your leak is coming from the hoses them that should fix you right up. If it is leaking around the metal flange on the tank from rust or a crack, then you need to replace the tank.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO WELD OR SOLDIER THE GAS TANK!
Thank you for the warning! My friend helped me once with fuel filter and insisted we do it in driveway with fire extinguisher within hand's reach!

The truck is currently in the shop for a long time. Its a 95 so shop said it was looking for some obsolete parts which he finally found. They were sorry it was taking such a long time and I mentioned the leak and said if it was the rubber hose area they will fix it for free. But I mentioned that if it was the filler hose or something else, they will let me know and I can figure out how I can do it on my own. At least it'll be on a lift and they can see it completely well not like I can in a driveway.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 1995 Filler neck question