Pre-1997 Models

lower right hose leaking...

Old 03-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lower right hose leaking...

I just changed out my waterpump on my '96 351 Windsor yesterday. I poured some antifreeze back through the top and went inside the house and came back 10 min. later and the damn lower right hose near the bottom is leaking. Never did leak there as far as I know. Now i'm not sure what this hose goes to is called but the part is like a black coupling type pice and a lower hose connects to one opening and the top hose to the top. kind of like 2 pvc pipes being glued to a T right?

anyway, I don't know what that black piece is. it's about 2 1/2 wide. guess i'll take it to this shop here in town and ask them what it is.

as your standing over the fan it's a black piece far below on the right side and a hose from up top runs to it and another hose from the bottom.

I got underneath just before dark and it feels and looks like the leak is coming from the top portion of that piece and running down the hose.

what part do I need? doesn't appear to have a hose clamp on either end of that piece. unless the hose is cut. Thanks a bunch

Old 03-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Sorry friend, gonna need a picture on that.

Adrianspeeder

Old 03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes I figured so. Sorry. Problems solved, the person who help me with the rest of the water pump was in a big hurry to pick up his kids. Those spring loaded clamps are a pain so some good kids at this local shop in town tightened them up for me. Also gave me 3 bolts to the fan and snugged them all up. glad this problem is finally behind me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lower right hose leaking...