Pre-1997 Models

Hellwig front sway bars two thumbs up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hellwig front sway bars two thumbs up!

finally installed them. would have been last weekend but hellwig only set the long bolts for a lifted truck , and my ace did not carry 7/16 in a 6 1/2 length so i went to napa. who screwed up 5 times on getting two bolts... enough of the rant. i bought a thread cutter and made the 10" bolts into 6 1/2" s myself today. the sway bars are a true bolted on install. everything lined up went on ez. now with my rear sway bars and the coil overs and help bags and asst leaf spring helpers the truck goes through the turns flat. guess that's why they went away from bench seats...put the slide in camper on and drove around the neighbor hood . huge improvement here. won't be going through the chicanes at jackie stewart speeds but huge confidence builder to take the rig to Tenn. for muddy roots. side note needed to remove the curt front receiver hitch as they both wanted to be in the same place... moved the hitch up to front bolt and mcgivered a plate and bolts so the front is bolted to the bumper with two bolts on each side. steel bumper rock!!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:17 AM
been driving it sano the camper for about 200 mile mostly city 50 miles highway. the ride is so much better... kind of fun seen how fast i can go into turns now. brakes, bushing, sway bars will always be my first three performance mods. on any vehicle.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Need some of these for my truck

Quick Reply: Hellwig front sway bars two thumbs up!