Pre-1997 Models

"Bulldog" Style Lift?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Bulldog" Style Lift?

I have a 1989 F150 with 6" Suspension lift and 3" Body lift.

As you can see in the picture I provided on the bottom of this post, the rear has alot of space between the body and tire. Just one of my pet-peeves I have so I think an inch or two will make it look sweet... IMO of course.

So, I was originally gonna take off the 3" lift all together but thinking about just taking off about 1 1/2" off the rear. So I'll have 7 1/2" in the back and 9" in the front.

Was talking to the local 4x4 shop worker and he told me they call it the "Bulldog" style.... Don't know if anybody else calls it that but anyways, anybody on the forum have that done to their truck?

I've seen a few people with a few inches lower than the back and I really like the look so If you have this done to your truck, it'd be great if you added a photo.

*ALSO* - The guy told me he'd charge me $100 to cut the 3" spacer in half(1 1/2 off). Is it bad to cut the spacers? Or does it matter?

Thanks so much!

Photo:

Old 06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Maybe it's a Florida thing, but that would seem dumb to me.

Ditch the body lift.

Adrianspeeder

Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 AM
What are they cutting in half the body lift? that would make the box sit lower, or are they cutting the lift block in between the leaf and the axle, either way It looks good as is if anything step up to a bigger tire or a mud terrain and it would look even better...

Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

Think I may go with your idea Noregrets and swap out those 35s for bigger tires.

How much do you think I can sell the rims and tires for?
The tires have, I would say have around 95% tread. And the rims are... definitely nothing special.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: "Bulldog" Style Lift?