Pre-1997 Models

1995 tag light help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 1995 tag light help

Can anyone tell me how to fix a tail light on a 1995 Ford F-150.. I keep replacing the bulb on the left and the bulb keeps blowing. This is the second one I put in. I was pulled over yesterday by a cop and Thank God didn't get a ticket but is there something else I should be looking at like a fuse? or wiring problems? Yes I am a girl if you can't tell I have no business owning a Ford truck.. my dad found this truck and now I am stuck with it.. But I have to tell you I fell in love with this Beast.. I love it..

Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Hey Gabby, have you looked at the bulb housing, wiring, etc. Don't know your mechanical knowledge, so have to ask these things. Peace, Dave.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a girl with a pickup!?

Old 04-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Sounds like its grounding out. Check the wires for an exposed areas. Also check the plug for cracks. How long do the bulbs last after they are replaced?

Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the reply back. I have put in two bulbs already the first one had water in it and i thought it was due to the black cover being off. So I put in a second bulb and it went out within 2 days.. So I guess the answer to it is The bulb goes out with in 2 days after I put it in. I guess I am going to have to take it in to have a mechanic look at it..

Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Well, it needs to "ground out" to work. Simple 12v feed to make it work, so if it lit, and none of the other bulbs are blowin' on the truck from a failing voltage regulator, sounds like you got a bad bulb from supply.

I got pulled over once for no tag lights on the '79 dually because I never had gotten around to wirin' 'em up with the bumper swap I did. For sure got the fix it ticket when I made the smartass comment of damn't you are bored...

Adrianspeeder

Old 04-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Well, it needs to "ground out" to work. Simple 12v feed to make it work, so if it lit, and none of the other bulbs are blowin' on the truck from a failing voltage regulator, sounds like you got a bad bulb from supply.

I got pulled over once for no tag lights on the '79 dually because I never had gotten around to wirin' 'em up with the bumper swap I did. For sure got the fix it ticket when I made the smartass comment of damn't you are bored...

Adrianspeeder
Well it could be the bulbs but two bulbs from different packages sounds ironic. I wish I knew about auto mechanics. Having a grandfather as a Ford Mechanic all my life didn't do me any good. Didn't learn a thing from all the years I used to stand by his side watching him fix trucks for a living. Well at least us girls can get away with the Dumb Girl doesn't know anything when a cop pulls us over. Can't believe you told the cop he must have been bored..

Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't like cops usually.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: 1995 tag light help