Pre-1997 Models

new here but aint new to these trucks

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new here but aint new to these trucks

Well I started with a 93 f150 with a I6 300 6" little 35x12.5 but hit a horse and totalled it so got the insurance money and went in search if a project truck. I wanted to do something most people don't think of doing. Since I had a 4x4 truck that is totalled I can do alot. I set out for a 4x2 ext cab long bed f150. I got one.....

This pic is taken from Google I lost the phone that had the stick pics in it and the pics of the 4x2 to 4x4 swap plus 5 speed swap and 6" lift all in one sitting. Got it all done in one day Bauhaus. I'm a hard worker. Here's a pic of almost exactly what it looked like cap, wheels, color just this one is short bed and had the factory chrome bumper.

Here's the pics of after all the swaps were done and then the next day I drove it down the road then had to go make sure 4x4 works. So to the pits in my back fields I went haha. As you can see 4x4 worked great. 6" lift 35x14.5 thornburgs...

Then about 3 days later got bord and test 4x4 a few more times haha. I took a saw-zaw to the front bumper

Then I really hated it and plus I got drunk and me and my buddys decided that hitting a tree at about 25 MPH that was about 1.5 feet wide was a great idea and it looked like a seesaw after we got done haha. So here's is the custom bumper design. It's horse proof.

Then about a month ago I got ahold of some 42x15x15 for 100$ so I needed more lift and it happened body lift then 42s went under.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:43 PM
I need to get some night pics with all the LEDs on haha

Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM
id bedline the frame rails make em look better since u got a body lift they show more. and id trim the fenders for those tires dont seem like much articulation. but all in all bad ***
if my son was older id build another lifted 4x4

Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm going bigger here soon like 6 more inches of lift so for now these do fine I want at the minimum 44s

Old 02-17-2012, 01:28 AM
So, you're gonna have 15 inches of lift with 44 inch tires, on a stock TTB set up...good luck. You might want to look into a SAS with 1 tons front and rear, at least. I liked the truck with the 6 inch lift, the body lift is a bit much IMO. Why do you want so much lift?

Don't get me wong it's your truck, do what you want to it. Just not my cup of tea.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:38 AM
I go big or go home. And nah I'm going with all one ton axles and rebuild the front to use coils instead of leaves plus 4:56 gears. Rear shackle flip. 6 speed swap. Divorce transfer swap. Ladder bars(debating on doubled)(all rod ends). Extra long radius arms(doubled and all rod ends). Hydro assist stearing. All rod end stearing.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:15 AM
sweet. i just hate seeing people put tires on that r to big n dont trim the fenders n bout a week tater the fenders all bashed into the cab. guys got a jeep over here on 38s n he can barly turn the wheels it looks stupid i watch em pull into a parkin spot he had to do a 10 point turn to make it in hahaha

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Haha! That's funny. No I can turn them and I had to bash the back edge of the fender with a hammer but other then that it makes it fine. Just hits the radius arms when I make a sharp turn

Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
How are you planning to do a 6 speed transmission? The only transmission that you might be able to fit is a T56, it's a top loader, with the shifter right by the tailshaft. On top of that it's a car transmission, not a truck transmission, the gearing would be WAAAAAY off. Why not go with a small block ZF5?

Is this thing going to be a DD? You might want to carry an A frame latter to get into it, and be ready for the 10 point turns mentioned above lol. IMO, this would be pushing it in the "Go big or go home" category...this much lift and tires is totally useless unless you're building a mud rig...If you are, I'd say get rockwells with pinion brakes, and probably 5.13 gears.

Last edited by booba5185; 02-17-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Rockwells cost to much I definitely would of they were affordable. And it's only 7'6" to the roof now it ain't that big. The one tons will be fine anyways watched please ty of people run 54s off Ford one tons. And there is a zf granny for a big block quick Ivan get an adapter if I don't do a cummins swap. But if I don't do the cummins swap then I don't want the 6 speed. And with a divorce transfer case I can use Anny grant that bolts up to my motor

Quick Reply: new here but aint new to these trucks