Pre-1997 Models

Camber Adjustment & Specs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber Adjustment & Specs

I had my 1995 F-150 2wd aligned after I changed the ball joints. The camber range listed on the alignment sheet is -0.3 to 0.8. When the alignment was complete my actual left and right camber was -0.3 and the number was RED (value not within specification). Is it OK for camber to be at the low side of the range? The truck handles OK and does not pull, I am worried about tire wear! If I were to install +0.5 or +0.75 upper ball joint eccentrics, I could get closer to the middle of the range.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:39 AM
You want to be in range, as long as you are the tire wear will be acceptable, but... Ford TIB front suspension is very hard on front tire life even when it is 100% in spec.

If you're at the same value on both sides that's extremely rare. The fact that it is at the max negative setting is even better from a handling standpoint. It will give you a skosh more front traction when cornering; not enough to write home about but every little bit helps. It should have no effect on tire wear vs. being at the midpoint of the allowable range.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks

Quick Reply: Camber Adjustment & Specs