Pre-1997 Models

Cluch/Brake pedal bushings

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cluch/Brake pedal bushings

I need the bushing that my chilton's manual calls n800769. This is the bushing that the rod that supports the clutch and brake pedal rides on. I have been to the parts house and dealer and neither one were any help. When I told the dealer the part number they said it was old and no longer in the system.

I have known about this bushing for a while and suspect it to be what caused my master cluch cylinder rod to break twice... when you push the clutch pedal the lever that pushes the clutch master cylinder in moves at a funny angle because of this bad bushing and doesnt push the clutch master cyl in all the way. this wasn't a problem until i replaced my clutch and pressure plate. now I cant shift into gear because the slave cyl isnt pushing the pressure plate in enough...

This is my first post on this forum and I'm at my wits end with this thing. Can any one tell me where this part can be obtained other than a junk yard (because a junkyard part is going to be worn too)?

The only other option i can think of is trying to find some piece of plastic to jam in there and its going to be very hard to find a piece the right with and diameter that wont disintegrate quickly...

Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
I have some kind of bushing at home that I ordered and it was the wrong one, it was cheap so I just put it away. Its a large bushing, I think about an inch. I'll check it when I get home. I looked through my emails but couldn't find where I got it.

edit edit---------> look here -------->http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=38

edit edit edit--------> Here's the number off the bushing I have at home, search it and maybe it will help:
EOTZ- 2471-A I think its called a cross shaft bushing.

Last edited by 5Rangers; 01-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM
I had the same problem and it was pretty bad. Check out my write up http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=6211
If you have any more questions I will gladly answer them.
To get the part though, lmc and national parts depot have em.
If you are having trouble with the lower bushing on the push rod there is a permanent fix heim joint deal too.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
These?

They're common to many older Fords, and available thru suppliers like BroncoHut, JBG, & probably RockAuto, among others. I'd also expect to find them in Dorman/MotorMite HELP!

Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM
I tried bronco hut and a few other sites but couldn't find it. the wear was almost the same as russo's to a lesser extent. I ended up pissed off at the dificulty of finding the bushings and made mine out of a rolled up peice of galvinised sheet metal the way russo used copper. Took a few tries to get the thickness and length right but I got it all back together and it works perfect now. Still I wish I could have found those damn bushings....

Old 01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
LMC and NPD definitely have them.
Mine is a temporary fix, you will find that if there is a void and you bandaid it, like I did and I guess you did, it will slowy fall back to it's old ways.
I'm gonna have to get a whole new bracket asap.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah I'm sure you're right about it being a bandaid, but its working for now. Probably going to just keep rocking until it wears a bigger hole in the bracket and breaks the clutch master cyl rod again... supid weak plastic ****... I did find a new clutch master cyl on LMC that has a metal rod end instead of the plastic one so ill buy that when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Cluch/Brake pedal bushings