Pre-1997 Models

Fuel Rail Schrader Valve

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Rail Schrader Valve

According to Murphy's law of course when i was testing my fuel pressure the schrader valve pretty much broke off in the fuel gage. Is this replaceable? I did a search but found only posts from other years of trucks. One post said to get a tire valve stem removal tool and replace it with a tire valve stem. Has any one had to do this?
I can not really find the valve stem for sale other than in a kit for a bunch of stems for a lot of money. Does anyone have any information on this?
Thanks

Old 12-17-2011, 06:45 AM
It's the same valve as a tire valve. The tool and the replacement valve should each cost a couple of bucks at any autoparts store.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
ok. Thanks a lot for the verification. I will have to look into it. Thanks.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:21 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If it broke off the fuel rail, you'll have to replace the rail. Fortunately, it's not that difficult, and they're common/cheap in JYs. What engine does the truck have? Put it in your SIGNATURE.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 AM
The truck has a 5.8. The valve didnt break off of the fuel rail. The tip of the valve itself had the first two threads break off into my fuel pressure rig. So im looking directly at the little tire valve stem. Im sure i could reuse the valve stem however what i am needing is what the stem screws into. This piece is what screws into the fuel rail. I hope i explain that well. I am not at home to take a picture. I believe a junkyard is my only hope. Parts stores were clueless.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel Rail Schrader Valve