Pre-1997 Models

need pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need pictures

i'm trying to put my truck in original shape, so i need as much pictures of an engine compartement with a 300 6inline in it, as possible, could also use (internet)adresses ford parts such as chromed out parts to make the engine look nicer. also might be handy to have pictures of the cab and everything inside the cab. and axle, cables on rear axles tank.
in short detailed pictures of the whole truck. for some reason can't google a lot of picture, most picture are from this continent.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Chrome isn't original, and isn't good for some parts. The process can harden them, making them brittle & prone to crack. Click my black Bronco in my signature & browse the General Purpose, Diagrams, Junkyard Broncos, & Other Vehicles albums.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
There isn't a whole lot of chrome for an inline anyway. I think it looks better repainted in some ford blue. Just my opinion.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Steve83
Chrome isn't original, and isn't good for some parts. The process can harden them, making them brittle & prone to crack. Click my black Bronco in my signature & browse the General Purpose, Diagrams, Junkyard Broncos, & Other Vehicles albums.
as for the original shape engine is not included. just want the engine to look clean and good. first thought was chrome pieces, might not be the best thing,
for an inline six (only smaller engines) i found some chromed pieces. not for the 300 cid.
what else could i do to make engine look good. and what do i need to do to repaint engine (take the whole thing apart?)

this is what the engine looks like at the moment

this is hanging inside the cab, but where does it go on?

Last edited by johny89; 11-22-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Well if you want it to look good, I would pull the motor and repaint the engine bay. For the motor just take off all the accessories and paint the block and head all in one shot.
Or just clean it really well.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by russo2
Well if you want it to look good, I would pull the motor and repaint the engine bay. For the motor just take off all the accessories and paint the block and head all in one shot.
Or just clean it really well.
x2, then maybe do a tuck job on the wires, and paint the block.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:07 PM
First, I'd get rid of the red marks all over the hoses & everything else. That just screams "JUNKYARD". If it doesn't run after the engine is turned off, the injector blower can go, too.

Second, a simple but thorough cleaning will make the engine look surprisingly better. Look through these pics & read their captions:

Third: you can touch up the engine paint by masking off areas & spraying it with Ford gray.
Fourth: that's the IGNITION SWITCH, and it should be attached to the steering column so the key will operate it & make the engine start/run/stop.

I notice your truck has a '92-96 front clip swapped on, and it looks like an LP/CNG system. Does it also run on gasoline/petrol/benzin? All of those (dangerous) ScotchLok connectors on the ignition switch wiring make it look like there's a remote start or alarm system installed.

Last edited by Steve83; 11-22-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Looks like theres a bunch of stuff with over spray on it. The small things make a big difference. Like steve said, those hoses, that battery hold down. The dust and dirt on everything makes it look bad too.
Clean.
Paint.
Organize that mess.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
since i just had my update heres my reply

where can i find new hoses, wiring etc for it?

ignition switch has those bad scotchlok on it cause of the 'new' keyswitch (see one of my other threads in wich it shows the bad column)

it has an lp system and run on benzin as well. can i just take of everything attached to the injector blower or do i need to adjust other things?

won't the paint have to be heat risistant for touching up?

are there any methods to organise the wiring?

since its my DD i currently can't pull the motor but will be done in the future

what should the front clip of an 88 look like then?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Any auto parts store should carry all the hoses, & spools of primary wire, like this:

If that ignition switch is bad, why didn't you just unplug it & plug the new one in? Having 2 is dangerous. The engine bay doesn't get above 220°F, which isn't high enough to need hi-temperature paint. Start by just unplugging the blower motor so it can't catch fire. When you have time, you can just remove the system - it doesn't affect anything else. The factory used split-loom to organize the wiring & vacuum lines, so that's what I'd use. The '87-91 front end looks like russo2's avatar: big flat headlights & a flat nose:

Last edited by Steve83; 11-28-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Steve83
Any auto parts store should carry all the hoses, & spools of primary wire, like this:

If that ignition switch is bad, why didn't you just unplug it & plug the new one in? Having 2 is dangerous. The engine bay doesn't get above 220°F, which isn't high enough to need hi-temperature paint. Start by just unplugging the blower motor so it can't catch fire. When you have time, you can just remove the system - it doesn't affect anything else. The factory used split-loom to organize the wiring & vacuum lines, so that's what I'd use. The '87-91 front end looks like russo2's avatar: big flat headlights & a flat nose:

will unplug it the moment its back from the shop. it has 1 switch the command comes from another

it has an 87-91 clip

Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Not a bad lookin truck.
You need an alignment somethin fierce, or did you back up into where that picture was taken? From the looks of things though, even for 2 wd it sits low, I'd say worn out coils eh?

Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 PM
looks very similar to my truck, I spy an f350 booster, is the master cylinder F350 too? I'd start with cleaning the engine bay, take a good 3-4 hours and just spot clean everything.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Something about the 1st pic in the 4th post made me think the front clip was newer, but I can't find what it was now... The brake booster & MC look like normal 1/2-ton parts to me. I'd pull that front bumper & straighten it.

The lock cylinder is easy to change - just turn it to RUN & press the pin in the recess visible below it on the side of the column, then pull the cylinder out. A new one costs ~$14 here.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:50 AM
Any idea who did the repaint, or what paint was used? It looks.. rushed? And quite thick.

Quick Reply: need pictures