Pre-1997 Models

please help!

Old 11-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation please help!

I have a 1993 Ford F-150 XLT with dual tanks, my front tank works fine, however when i switch to my rear tank (which is full) and press the gas pedal the truck automatically dies on me. im pretty sure its the fuel pump for the rear tank. my main question is, what's the easiest way to siphon the gas from my rear tank so i can get it all into my front tank. im not to terribly auto-savvy. from what i have read about this, its to disconnect the line from fuel filter. and yes i have tried the age old method of jammin a hose in the tank, apparently there is a grate covering the tank to prevent siphoning, is it possible to remove the grate or force the hose in further....as you can tell im not caring to much about the condition of the rear tank as i dont have the cash to do the repairs currently. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated....

Old 11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drunkmunk
I have a 1993 Ford F-150 XLT with dual tanks, my front tank works fine, however when i switch to my rear tank (which is full) and press the gas pedal the truck automatically dies on me. im pretty sure its the fuel pump for the rear tank. my main question is, what's the easiest way to siphon the gas from my rear tank so i can get it all into my front tank. im not to terribly auto-savvy. from what i have read about this, its to disconnect the line from fuel filter. and yes i have tried the age old method of jammin a hose in the tank, apparently there is a grate covering the tank to prevent siphoning, is it possible to remove the grate or force the hose in further....as you can tell im not caring to much about the condition of the rear tank as i dont have the cash to do the repairs currently. any help in this matter is greatly appreciated....
haven't done it before on a f150 only on small cars, if you disconnect the fuel line, plie it and put a tiewrap on it. remove the gas tank and put it on something to rest. drain it with the fuel lines in a tank or directly in the car. that way you can get all of the gas out of it.

Search this Thread