Pre-1997 Models

PIP Test

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIP Test

1994 F150 302 with a closed bowl distributor. How do I check the pickup in the distributor with a ohm meter.

I am Retired and plan on getting a Haynes book asap

Dean

Old 07-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the symptoms that have you questioning your PIP? After having mine chewed on by the shutter wheel, I'm of the opinion that they're pretty resilient. As for replacing it. You'll get better value if you just replace the whole distributor. PIP's have a short warranty compared to a distributor. And you will have to disassemble the dist. to remove the PIP. And chances are that if the PIP is pooped, the other wearable parts will need replacing as well. Dist. will have a much better warranty return if you have problems down the road and most electrical parts are non- returnable once installed.

Just found your other posts. Steve83 is right about keeping to one thread as you work through a problem. If you go back to your "no spark" post and continue there, we all would appreciate it, as it makes it easier for us to follow your progress and offer advise.

Last edited by Islandbuoy; 07-27-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: multible threads for one repair

Quick Reply: PIP Test