Pre-1997 Models

Exhaust System HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust System HELP

Im getting a cat-back exhaust system for my 1993 ford f150 5.8 351. I will be installing it myself with some help from my uncle. Id like it to come in an exhaust system kit, and not mess with creating my own custom exhaust. Ive done alot of research on the kits that i have found. Each system below is specifically compatible with my 93 f150. I dont know which one is better. Each kit has things i like about them and things that I dont. Anybody have advice/opinions/experience with any of these exhaust systems.

Flowmaster American thunder- It has the Super 50 SUV series muffler. Ive found a sound clip of it on a 95' f150. I dont think it sounds bad but its not really the deep low tone that im looking for.

Dynomax super turbo- Another dual kit. Ive heard it on other viehicles. sounds pretty good. from what ive researched the Super Turbo muffler does not flow as well (700 SCFM). Ive read that after a couple of years the fiberglass in the muffler goes bad and it needs to be replaced.

Gibson Super Truck- I love the deep sound from what ive heard on other trucks. Its not very loud but thats ok, I dont want loud. the only bad thing that i dont like how it exits before the rear tire. Ive heard that the exhaust gases can discolor the rear tire.

I like the sound of Magnaflow but they dont offer a full exhaust kit for my truck. im looking for a deep low exhaust tone that isnt loud without sacrificing performance.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gibson's from what ive seen lack quality and sometimes have a higher egt then the stock systems. I say go with flowmaster, they sound good on your year of truck.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you want performance, keep it stock. It performs the best overall: power, torque, noise, reliability, longevity, weight... Get a muffler with a lifetime warranty & a direct-replacement tailpipe at a chain exhaust shop (I prefer Meineke) and just drive the truck.

Quick Reply: Exhaust System HELP