Pre-1997 Models

94 F150 Brake light issue..

Old 06-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 F150 Brake light issue..

Hello, all. Great to be on the forum! I look forward to learning a lot.

I have an issue with my brake lights. They're not working! When I first noticed it, I checked the fuse and it was blown. I went to Autozone and bought more and when I'd put one in, it would blow instantly. It did this twice.

My ABS light is flashing, 16 flashes, and, from what I understand, this means the ABS is operating normally (I read this from several different people online anyway). I've seen my ABS light flashing for a week or two, but it was only real recently that I realized my brake lights weren't working. I don't know if the two (ABS flashing and no brake lights) are connected somehow or what.

Can anyone tell me what the brake light problem might be?

Thanks so much,

Steven.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you gotten the cruise recall done yet?

Look for a damaged or miswired trailer connector near the rear bumper, corrosion inside the taillight bulb holders, & any aftermarket wiring like alarm/RKE. If you still can't find it, install a small 12V incandescent bulb in place of the fuse - it should light if the fault is still present. Then start unplugging things while observing the bulb: RABS module forward of the glove box, hazard flasher on the BACK of the dash fuse block, brake switch on the pedal arm, & cruise switch on the master cylinder. When the light goes out, you just unplugged the short. If it doesn't, the short is in the wiring harness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 94 F150 Brake light issue..