Pre-1997 Models

needing assistance locating used coil spring seats for 95 4x4 single shock

Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
needing assistance locating used coil spring seats for 95 4x4 single shock

hello, everyone it has been a while since I posted last been busy with life, and while busy with life I managed to sell my 84 F-150 4x2 300 L-6 for $2,000.00 and purchased a 95 F-150 4x4 5.0 automatic for $1100.00 great buy even with all the upgrades that needed to be done

OK I have been super super busy with this 95, and while visiting my local tire shop today to get 2 new tires installed on the front the mechanic found a major safety issue that needs attention before the new tires are installed and before the front wheel alignment is completed!
The mechanic found that he coil spring is broken right at the seat at the top of the coil on the second turn of the spring.
And the broken end of the coil was shoved through the top of the coil-shock seat.
since I do everything in pairs when applicable, I will be seeking both coil-shock seats (drivers and passenger sides) I have found both on FORD PARTS .COM and I have found both of the seats at my local ford dealership for a cost of $188.00 I am hoping and looking to see if their is a set laying around somewhere that I could pickup for little or low cost, as I am about out of money.
I sold the 84 for $2,000.00 and purchased the 95 for $1100.00 and since have invested $866.00 bucks into the 95 with all new front end and rear end componets (upper lower tie rod ends both sides, outer tie rod ends both side, drag link, shocks all 4, wheel bearings, axle seals, wheel seals, 2 rear leafs, rear brakes 100% re-brake of entire braking system including backing plates, and drums, wheel cylinders, complete spring sets, and pads, rotors, front lines)
Well you get the point I am not wasting anytime on this project and I am doing it right and I don't think I am half-assing any part of this project but the profit left from the purchase of the 95 from the 84, I have deplinished my funds and just can't afford the $188.00 for the coil-shock seats, when I still have to buy 2 new tires for front $410.00, and alignment $69.99, plus a new windshield almost immediately since mine is busted.
I am not asking for or looking for a free be that isn't my intention, my intention was to explain the extreme I have gone to to complete this project properly and not half butt any of this truck, I want to do it right,But I'm out of funds, and won't have funds to purchase the new ones till June or July.
If you have the set of coil-shock seats siting around or a truck you could remove the shock-coil seat from and are wiling to sell at a cheap fair used price then please post a reply and let me know.

Requirements for the coil-shock seats : 1980-1996 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive doesn't matter as long as it is the single shock set-up..... dual shock setup coil-shock seat will require me to change several things which will cost additional funds that I don't have. So I can not use the dual shock coil-shock seats, it must be the single shock-coil seat! I will be needing both sides, and if the springs aren't collapsed or broken then maybe I could use the springs also but if your springs are "relaxed" or "broken" then I wil go ahead and replace with new, since the new springs are only $80 bucks with Summit racing.

Thanks for your help and input.

MrShadetree John!

Old 04-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't have to change anything to run quad-shock towers, so all '80-96 coil towers will work for you. And since your axle probably already has the lower mounts for the front aux shocks, you might as well install the matching towers.

. .

I don't have towers, but I think I have a good pair of coils to sell... Shipping to WV won't be cheap, though.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:33 AM
well thank you for the input I have been studying the images all day and I was certain the dual shock towers required additional hardware to make them work but I will certainly except that I am wrong on this one!

As for the shocks if it is possible to get me a weight I can get an estimate of shipping costs and I will reply back to you with the estimated shipping costs and how to package them for shipment, to meet the estimated shipping costs!
so please note the cost your looking to get out of the coil springs. I will certainly consider the offer, I can get new from Summit for $80.00 bucks. (MOOG CC822) not including shipping!

It would be real great if I could find someone with excellent coil-spring towers (not rusted away) and coil springs (not broken or "relaxed") that would be able to sell me the package for all 4 items, that would be pretty darn sweet!

But I am more then willing to get the parts from different sources if that's what I have to do.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:41 PM
E-mail me thru my SMN profile or my profile here, with your ZIP and any shipping preferences, and I'll go dig up those springs, weigh & measure them, and give you some quotes. I thought they were here in my "project" yard, but I guess I moved them to my friend's house a couple of miles away where we store "inactive projects".

I could get a complete set next time I go junkyarding, but the labor to remove them & the shipping would probably make them more expensive than new parts. Those springs are leftovers from this project, so I'll sell them for $30+sh.

Last edited by Steve83; 04-24-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Would this switch over be possible on a 2WD? I don't see another shock mount on mine. I know I'd need the new coil bucket but I'm talking about the lower mount.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Dang, you are about a week late to a few sets that went to the scrap yard when I just took a few frames in. Still have a Bronco frame I need to pull a motor from, then they would be available, but don't have a firm date on when I will get to that project. I am thinkin' you need these quick.

Adrianspeeder

Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I don't think quad front shocks were available on 2WD, so although the towers will fit on the frame, you'd probably have to fabricate the lowers, or modify 4WD lowers.

And you probably wouldn't feel any benefit anyway.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by steve83
i could get a complete set next time i go junkyarding, but the labor to remove them & the shipping would probably make them more expensive than new parts. Those springs are leftovers from this project, so i'll sell them for $30+sh.
thank you very much steve sir, your right the time and hassles for junk yard removal is definately going to exceed the cost of new when labor plus parts plus shipping is totaled.

Originally Posted by booba5185
would this switch over be possible on a 2wd? I don't see another shock mount on mine. I know i'd need the new coil bucket but i'm talking about the lower mount.
PLLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO MY NEXT POST I HAVE INCLUDED THE IMAGES THAT SHOWS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE SINGLE AND DUAL SHOCK APPLICATIONS!
yes their is a bolt on bracket that will be required for the lower to mount the front aux. Shock to and I don't have the bracket required. So I will stay with the original single shock application. I am going to assume that if I had the dual shock application it would soften up the ride and make the truck ride so much smoother.

Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
dang, you are about a week late to a few sets that went to the scrap yard when i just took a few frames in. Still have a bronco frame i need to pull a motor from, then they would be available, but don't have a firm date on when i will get to that project. I am thinkin' you need these quick.

Adrianspeeder
that's my luck is that i am almost always late to everything, and yes i have the truck in the air as of now, and axles are floating, so I will be needing the parts as quickly as possible, so I can get the front back together again.

Originally Posted by steve83
i don't think quad front shocks were available on 2wd, so although the towers will fit on the frame, you'd probably have to fabricate the lowers, or modify 4wd lowers.

And you probably wouldn't feel any benefit anyway.
the shock towers are the exact same from 1980-1996, 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive models they are the exact same.
If you are going to run dual shock application then it will require you getting your hands on the bracket that holds the front shock on the lower part of the i.f.s.

Last edited by mrshadetree0222; 04-26-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: SUGGEST BOOBA TO SCROLL ON DOWN AND VIEW THE IMAGES I PROVIDED!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM
IF I CAN GET THIS TO WORK, BEN SO LONG I MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW TO POST IMAGES BUT I WILL TRY, JUST WANT TO SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO DIFFERENT ASSEMBLIES DUAL- SHOCK ~VS~ SINGLE SHOCK COIL SPRING SEATS (TOWERS)

THIS IS THE SINGLE SHOCK APPLICATION MISSING THE EXTRA BRACKET USED TO MOUNT THE SECONDARY .
[IMG][/IMG]

THIS IS THE DUAL SHOCK APPLICATION SHOWING THE BRACKET AS PART NUMBER 18112

FOR THOSE WONDERING OR GUESSING OR ASSUMING THIS SHOULD CERTAINLY SETTLE THE SCRATCHING OF THE HEAD, IT HAS STOPPED ME FROM SCRATCHING MY HEAD!

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Well my Wifey just ordered the coil spring -shock towers for me they will be here Friday, just have to find a set of springs, and hopefully have them here before Friday. Thanks for everyone's help, with this matter, I hope to have the truck back on the ground and driving it before weekend end!! Lets hope anyways!
If anyone has those springs just sitting around willing to sell them I would be very greatfull!
I will pay for shipping, and I have Paypal to pay for the springs and shipping! And Paypal offers instant payment to your account if you have a PayPal account!

please the springs need not be "relaxed", or rusted away!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Hey I got those towers you need! If you wanna cancel the other ones and just pay shipping on these you can have them! Came off a 94 2wd with 55K on it. Single shock. Shiiping from PA to WV shouldn't be too bad.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by stewy 39
Hey I got those towers you need! If you wanna cancel the other ones and just pay shipping on these you can have them! Came off a 94 2wd with 55K on it. Single shock. Shiiping from PA to WV shouldn't be too bad.
Thank You so much for the great offer for the coil spring-shock towers for free plus shipping, a man couldn't ask fora better price then that, this minute I am on hold with sending you money to get hem shipped, let me holler at my Ford guy in the morning and see if I am going to be charged a restock fee of 25% like it says on the wall, of the parts counter. Not sure if it is standard practice to charge a 25% restock fee for brand new returned items, but I think they considered my purchase a special order purchase since the towers had to be paid for before they would order them, but if I can cancel and get all my money back then I would love to get the towers from you!
I will ask my Ford guy when I get heir in the morning if I can cancel and get money back if so I will post to you first thing in the morning and let you know if I will be able to get yours or not. the new ones from Ford costed me $199.60, but if they charge a 25% restock fee then I will loose $50.00 bucks on the deal and that is a hard hit to take, but I will let you know sir and thank you again!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 AM
PM me with the any info when you find out what's going on.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your help with this mater the truck is back on the ground, and the safety repairs are completed, the tires are on it, alignment is completed, the truck is safe to be on the road again! that was my main goal was getting the truck safe all the rest of the wanted-needed items can wait till another day after I regroup and get more funds!

Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Glad you got it straightened out! Sorry I didn't catch your thread before you spent the money. Enjoy your new truck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: needing assistance locating used coil spring seats for 95 4x4 single shock